Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Hawks have the worst defense in The NBA...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They give up the most points and they fail in eye test big time. I hope there's some wink and a nod stuff going on to secure a top draft pick, because this is as bad as I've ever seen on defense. They don't even try to stop inside scoring.

Comments

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If this is a surprise welcome to Atlanta sports lmao

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't understand the game today

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:
    I don't understand the game today

I think the Golden State influence has become negative. Everybody wants a team of hybrid scorers who can also play defense, but there aren't enough to go around. So instead we're getting a lot of perimeter players who either can't play defense or won't put much energy into it.

The NBA went decades with just minor fluctuations in scoring till very recently, now it's exploding.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

@WCDawg said:
    They give up the most points and they fail in eye test big time. I hope there's some wink and a nod stuff going on to secure a top draft pick, because this is as bad as I've ever seen on defense. They don't even try to stop inside scoring.

Hopefully we have the worst record in the NBA as well. We need the number one pick.

Need way more than that - but it’d be a great start. Even #2 will get a great prospect.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Until they decide to spend the money that it takes to build a decent team this is what we’ll get year after year.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to believe the Hawks could lose 10 in a row. Also, hard to believe they actually won a game 11 games ago.

@donm said:

@Pigeons said:

@WCDawg said:

Hopefully we have the worst record in the NBA as well. We need the number one pick.

Need way more than that - but it’d be a great start. Even #2 will get a great prospect.

This year's draft was the start. We got 2 good players and a potentially great player. Next year we have our 1st rd pick and Dallas's top 5 protected pick. So ideally we'd have the 1st overall and the 6th overall along with 2 2nd rd picks.
    I'm not sure there's a clear best player in the 2019 draft, Duke's Williams and Barrett are too close to call in my opinion, though Williams is the physical freak.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Hawks will get the #1 pick and draft someone from Tibet. I have no faith.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:

But maybe he will have good Karma?

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:

Remember when the hawks took marvin williams over chris paul? Good times

@YaleDawg said:

@greshamdisco said:

Not as bad as Sam Perkins over Michael Jordan, but bad enough.

@AndersonDawg said:
    Hard to believe the Hawks could lose 10 in a row. Also, hard to believe they actually won a game 11 games ago.

They actually looked hung over tonight. It's got to be tough to get up for game after game when the point is probably to lose enough to get a high draft pick. I think we'll get a top 3 pick and a top 15 pick from Dallas and this head coach will be replaced as soon as the team looks strong enough to compete for a playoff spot.

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@greshamdisco said:

At least Sam Perkins could play. Marvin...not so much.

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always wonder why Atlanta can’t put together a winning team being in the south. They could probably pull people off the street and field a better team, but I guess management/owners aren’t interested in winning.

@Pigeons said:

@donm said:

@Pigeons said:

@WCDawg said:

Depending on where teams end up I think we can have 3 top 15 picks this year. We have one conditional from the Mavs of they finish higher than 10th from last and another if the Cavs finish higher than 5th I believe. If the cards fall right we can certainly take a haul, but we need Zion Williamson first.

I'd be fine with their other forward...can't call his name right now...can handle, shoot and run the floor pretty well from the few games I've seen him.

edited November 2018

@Pigeons said:

@donm said:

@Pigeons said:

@WCDawg said:

Depending on where teams end up I think we can have 3 top 15 picks this year. We have one conditional from the Mavs of they finish higher than 10th from last and another if the Cavs finish higher than 5th I believe. If the cards fall right we can certainly take a haul, but we need Zion Williamson first.

Close, the Cavs pick is top 10 protected, the Mavs' is top 5 protected. I'll be close to shocked if we get The Cavs' pick, they are as back as Atlanta this year. I think it's likely we get The Mavs' 1st rd pick along with ours'.

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@greshamdisco said:

At least Sam Perkins could play. Marvin...not so much.

I misstated, Sam Bowie went ahead of Jordan at #2, Olajuwan went #1, MJ went #3.
    The thing bout the 2005 draft where The Hawks took Williams at #2, it was a horrible draft. Only Chris Paul will make The HOF from that draft, nobody else will come close. Not many teams end up taking the best player on the board, so it wasn't that bad of a pick considering how thin the field was.