Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

So many choices for National......Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First of all it's National Gazpacho Day. A bowl of gazpacho, I do love. Healthy and not many calories, even with wine in the mixture.

It's also National Microwave Oven Day. What is your favorite food to nuke in the micro?

Finally, for those of you who may have lost a lot of $ in bets over the weekend, it's also National Pawnbroker Day. We have to show them some love as they serve a very useful role. I've never had to use one for cash before but I periodically check them for good deals on musical instruments. Getting harder and harder to find good deals these days.

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh my love hate relationship with the ole microwave oven. Love the quickness when it’s late at night and hate the outcome more often than not. Usually just use it to heat up left overs

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All have merit, but I don't recall Dire Straits ever mentioning gazpacho in a popular 1980s Limey rock song.
    Also I'd be a mess without an easy way to re-heat a cup of coffee.
    ….So there...Happy Microwave Oven Day everybody !

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    Oh my love hate relationship with the ole microwave oven. Love the quickness when it’s late at night and hate the outcome more often than not. Usually just use it to heat up left overs

I think whoever is responsible for the development of modern microwavable packaging deserves high honors, maybe a Noble Prize, or a Fields Medal, I'm not sure what that one is for, but it was mentioned in Good Will Hunting, so it must be important.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

I think whoever is responsible for the development of modern microwavable packaging deserves high honors, maybe a Noble Prize, or a Fields Medal, I'm not sure what that one is for, but it was mentioned in Good Will Hunting, so it must be important.

It's like the Heisman of Math - and there is yet another committee that makes the choice.

for further information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_Medal

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love the idea that my microwave will reheat my leftover spaghetti, but I just can't figure out how to turn it on.

My Mama had a microwave with 1 dial on it, for "on" and "time spent 'on'."

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Well, if your not fond of cold Gazpacho, you can always heat it up in the new microwave you bought before you head to the pawn shop to hock the old one your replacing.....

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Well, if your not fond of cold Gazpacho, you can always heat it up in the new microwave you bought before you head to the pawn shop to hock the old one your replacing.....