Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Most delusional SEC Fanbase

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Casanova_Flatulence came up with the idea I’m just facilitating. With all the Bama excuses since Webb committed today, who is the most delusional SEC fanbase?

Most delusional SEC Fanbase 84 votes

Bama
5%
Dawg88BiffLowmanRandomFanbenjaminwgregghoopeedawg 5 votes
UTjr
55%
DawgsaucedonmBamaDawgJayDogsuperblackeagleDakotaDawgFandawgwood82mattmd2CZCashvilleDawgthegreatwhite1RDDawgbubbadawgArchDawg90GermanDawgTdub0199TNDawgpippin888willpruden3RD_DAWGDiablo_and_Doc 47 votes
USCjr
13%
GBALCharlestowneDawgtfk_fanboyMidnite_TraininsertusernameherePigeonslaw_dawg35Apaul404BrotatoChip88RxDawgTurkDawg 11 votes
FU
14%
Brentjosh31533DGD28TBbenchristopherulesLefty13VALDOSTADAWGOroValleyDawgIwantNakobeGatorHaterTommydestindawg1 12 votes
AU
10%
JoelSidneyKellyLinebackerTwomqg96jgf1031judasdurantRed_N_BlacksauceddawgAtlanta_Dawgwill_1 9 votes
LSU
0%
Another School
0%

Comments

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior
    AU

At the moment. Who do they think they will hire that will make them what they want to be if they fire gus?

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    UTjr

UTjr, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them

Also, hard for Bama to be too delusional when they win as much as they do.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    UTjr

I think UTjr has acted like they’re king chit for awhile and haven’t been relevant in a long time.

Bama is getting there, they’re still on top for now. Its coming to an end next year though.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    USCjr

Only team on the list to have never won ANYTHING yet huff and puff every year about greatness. At least where I'm at

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    FU

Florida thinks that they are going to win the east next year. Those blue jean orange wearing idiots are dillusional.

• GatorHaterGatorHater Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior
    FU

Florida fans were saying they looked like a national championship team after beating Charleston Southern this year. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said the Vowels because they are still living in the past but SC is a good one as well. When SC was decent for a few years I hated them because I went to school in SC and have a few Gamecock friends plus Augusta being close but they are kinda too pathetic really. I think it depends on your surroundings. Plus the Hillbillies used to beat the crap out of us in my formative years.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    AU

I voted UTjr on the last poll, but I've re-thought it. I have to acknowledge that, while there are ridiculous UTjr fans (calling for Pruitt to win SEC coach of the year), I have met a couple of realistic Vol fans. The same cannot be said for Barners. They are all wildly detached from the reality of D1 football.
    Recent example: Auburn fans were clamoring that Kelly Bryant was going to make AU a playoff contender; now the same fans claim Bryant would have been a detriment to Gus Malzahn's (who will take over play-calling) offense. Joey Gatewood has the PERFECT tools to run roughshod over Georgia and Bama, then hope to play Clemson for the Natty after a cakewalk in the first round.
    Every single August they are deciding if they will go undefeated or slip up and lose one game before the SECCG; Every single October they are shouting to fire the coach (as if that would solve their problem) and every single December they want to give him a raise (except this one).
    They think Auburn is on par with Bama and Clemson and a notch above UGA. They seem to have forgotten that they lost to Tennessee just 57 days ago and have never noticed that AU is getting out-recruited by half of the SEC.

UTjr, with claims that Kirby would NEVER beat Pruitt, is a close second.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    UTjr

Tennessee, for sure atm. Florida is definitely up there with all this Mullenade mess... Normally Auburn would lead this pack but I think most of their fanbase has now realized their ship is sinking.

Alabama fans can be delusional as any other fanbases but their problem is arrogance.

GO DAWGS!

• a_rattlera_rattler Posts: 337 ✭✭✭ Junior

@sauceddawg said:
    At the moment. Who do they think they will hire that will make them what they want to be if they fire gus?

Simple: someone who can recruit and develop talent. Haven't had that since firing Tuberville. Chizik won a national title with Tuberville's players. Things fell apart with his own recruits. Malzahn went to the title game with Chizik's recruits, won the SEC with a bunch of transfers but his own players have been busts. Before those guys Terry Bowden was great with Pat Dye players but awful with his own.

Auburn just needs to make a good solid hire. Someone with experience recruiting Alabama, Georgia and Florida who knows how to manage assistants and run a program. They should have been the program to hire Dan Mullen but wanted Miles. I think that they could do a lot worse than Muschamp. He was a good recruiter at Florida and now he is proving that he can win with his players. Also Stoops at Kentucky would be a good hire if Ohio State doesn't grab him first. Maybe the Mizzou coach too as he inherited a mess and has now built a winner.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    USCjr

UT or USC. UT been there but doesnt realize just how far away they are; USC will never be there.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    UTjr

@TNDawg71 said:
    UTjr, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them

Also, hard for Bama to be too delusional when they win as much as they do.

Agree. If they even sniff around the edges of success they come unglued and think they're going to rule the planet earth and the cosmos.

I'll never forget going on a Caribbean Cruise in the summer... it's like 100 degrees out and UT fans are walking around the ship in Vol Polyester sweats (Tops & Bottoms). I'm like who and the h*ll are these people?

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

UTk

"Smart can't beat Pruitt..."

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@BojanglesInsider said:

@ghostofuga1 said:
    UTk

"Smart can't beat Pruitt..."

Hashtag Jutht Pruitt herp derp

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    AU

Auburn fans! They don't ever have back to back 10 win seasons! When will they finally get it in their heads!?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    UTjr

@a_rattler said:

@sauceddawg said:

Simple: someone who can recruit and develop talent. Haven't had that since firing Tuberville. Chizik won a national title with Tuberville's players. Things fell apart with his own recruits. Malzahn went to the title game with Chizik's recruits, won the SEC with a bunch of transfers but his own players have been busts. Before those guys Terry Bowden was great with Pat Dye players but awful with his own.

Auburn just needs to make a good solid hire. Someone with experience recruiting Alabama, Georgia and Florida who knows how to manage assistants and run a program. They should have been the program to hire Dan Mullen but wanted Miles. I think that they could do a lot worse than Muschamp. He was a good recruiter at Florida and now he is proving that he can win with his players. Also Stoops at Kentucky would be a good hire if Ohio State doesn't grab him first. Maybe the Mizzou coach too as he inherited a mess and has now built a winner.

Things fell apart with Chizik's recruits? Malzahn went on to win with Chizik's recruits? Something seems amiss there.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    AU

@bigdawg2223 said:
    @Casanova_Flatulence came up with the idea I’m just facilitating. With all the Bama excuses since Webb committed today, who is the most delusional SEC fanbase?

For me its Aubie. After lurking on some auburn pages as well as the SecRant, it looks like many auburn fans feel they will be better next year. I just dont see it. No QB or RB. 8-4 at best IMO.

but then again, whenever Auburn is projected to ****, they basically run the table.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    AU

Seeing how much they win i wouldn’t call their fan base delusional, but i saw this comment on Instagram today

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    AU

Thanks to Saban and Kirby, the Barn in the only SEC school without a state to recruit in, thus "if we can't compete we've got to cheat"