Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Valdosta State in D2 Natty Saturday 4 EST, ESPNU

ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty fun to watch. Nothing else on, cheer for the state of GA. This would make 4 Titles since 2002 if they win. 7th natty appearance. They’re doing something right.

The team they played last Saturday had a TB with 2,400 yds rushing this season. Pretty crazy.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Kirby finds time to check in, it's good for a man to remember where he comes from.

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know I will be checking in on the game. I was there when it was VSC and VSU before going to Athens to finish out my distinguished academic career.

Go Blazers!!

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia Southern plays Eastern Michigan at 5:30 PM today.

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    I hope Kirby finds time to check in, it's good for a man to remember where he comes from.

I hope Mike Leach checks in on the game too. He worked under Hal Mumme before getting a head coaching gig. That included a stint as OC for VSC/VSU from 1992 - 1996.

Hard to believe Leach was there. But, the offense wasn't afraid to air raid with Hatcher at QB. Also had a former Philly Eagle as OL coach. Guy Morris. Mumme had a good staff. In fact, Mumme probably has one of the better coaching trees in recent memory.

• AirForceDawgAirForceDawg Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Valdosta State Blazers leading the Ferris State Bulldogs 28-24 at halftime:

https://www.ncaa.com/game/football/d2/2018/12/15/ferris-st-valdosta-st

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How can Ferris St be hanging around in this game? Their kids have played too many games this year without getting paid. They're still students!! This is an outrage!!

Blazers leading 42-38 after three quarters

Final score: Valdosta State 49, Ferris State 47

Blazers won their fourth Division II national championship since 1981!

Btw, I lived in Valdosta for 7 years and my sister/brother/best friend graduated from VSC (now VSU), so I'm happy for all of them.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia Southern went from 2-10 to 10-3. That’s huge for the program after Tyson Summers almost destroyed it.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsauce said:
    GATA

Not sure but I think it was the great Erk Russell who coined that phrase. Around the guys, it was “Get After Their Ass”. When in public (especially if women or children were present) it was “Get After Them Aggressively”. Never be another Erk Russell! A true legend.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Blazers....

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

@Dawgsauce said:
    GATA

Not sure but I think it was the great Erk Russell who coined that phrase. Around the guys, it was “Get After Their Ass”. When in public (especially if women or children were present) it was “Get After Them Aggressively”. Never be another Erk Russell! A true legend.

Yes sir, the one and only!

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Kirby get his coaching start at Valdosta St under Chris Hatcher.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Great win for the Blazers.........watched most of the game, not only did they beat Ferris State they beat the officials........worst game of officiating I have ever seen, never should of been that close

@MeR3htid said:
    Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Kirby get his coaching start at Valdosta St under Chris Hatcher.

Yep...and Muschamp was on that staff.

@dawgnms said:
    Great win for the Blazers.........watched most of the game, not only did they beat Ferris State they beat the officials........worst game of officiating I have ever seen, never should of been that close

Yes...the worst officiating I have ever seen by a mile. Even the commentators were baffled. Teams from GA don’t seem to get much help from the refs in Championship games in 2018.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:

Yeah you're right. It would've been really cool for the Dawgs to win it all this year being that Kirbys HS won a natty and VSU did also.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Back when Kirby was at Valdosta State Northern Alabama had a Dynasty and would always beat some truly outstanding Valdosta St. teams for the Championship in that Division. Cant remember how many times they stopped Valdosta State but it was 1 too many for me.