Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia vs UMass

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nic Claxton is winning this game by himself.

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs win by 19!!

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cream’s system fits Claxton really well, he looks much better than last year. Will be hard to keep him after this year.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Did Fields get into the UMass game again?

@coastaldawg said:
    Cream’s system fits Claxton really well, he looks much better than last year. Will be hard to keep him after this year.

i thought the same think. Claxton might be the most complete player in the country. hope he can at least take us to the tournament while he's here.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Claxton will be here for a couple more years. SEC play will slow him down a little but he does look great. Claxton does need to learn how to play back to the basket and maybe a little more weight.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Columbo said:
    Did Fields get into the UMass game again?

Mandela effect.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    Claxton will be here for a couple more years. SEC play will slow him down a little but he does look great. Claxton does need to learn how to play back to the basket and maybe a little more weight.

He needs to add weight just to be considered skinny. I do like our bigs though

@TNDawg71 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

Claxton is a SF, not a big so i don't think he needs to add too much weight. he came in to UGA at 6'9 195 and is now 6'11 215. I'd say he could probably use 10-15 more pounds.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

Claxton is a SF, not a big so i don't think he needs to add too much weight. he came in to UGA at 6'9 195 and is now 6'11 215. I'd say he could probably use 10-15 more pounds.

Sounds about right on the weight, needs to largely be added to the lower body

@TNDawg71 said:

@brentwilson said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

don't want to slow him down though... right now he's still got enough quickness to defend guards up top. that's what makes him so versatile

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:

@brentwilson said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

A basketball player's legs get stronger by training and physically maturing. Size really doesn't matter very much either, Michael Jordan had sticks for legs.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:

Agreed. I was at the game and he was getting banged around a good bit. After a lot of the plays, he was grabbing his side or holding his lower back.

They had a few guys that could have played def tackle or DE with their size.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@brentwilson said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

A basketball player's legs get stronger by training and physically maturing. Size really doesn't matter very much either, Michael Jordan had sticks for legs.

yes and he played at about 230 lbs, so the rest of him wasn't matchstick like.