Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How good can The Hawks' John Collins be ?...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JC is just 21 years old, he won't turn 22 till next Sep.
As of today he is averaging
18.7 ppg
10.4 rebounds per game
2,5 assist per game
Shooting .576%

Would you believe there is only 1 other player who matches or betters each of those stats in The NBA this season to date ?
That player is Giannis, and he's 3 years older than Collins. Of course Giannis far exceeds Collins in some areas, he scores more and dishes more assist, but still.
If Collins stays healthy and follows a typical career arch, He might become a 22 ppg, 12 rebounds per game 4 assist per and .600 percent shooter by the time he's Giannis's current age.

People, that would put him among the top 10 plyers in the game as long as he also works on defense, he clearly has the tools to become a plus defender as well.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    18.7 ppg
    10.4 rebounds per game
    2,5 assist per game
    Shooting .576%

Would you believe there is only 1 other player who matches or betters each of those stats in The NBA this season to date ?
    That player is Giannis, and he's 3 years older than Collins. Of course Giannis far exceeds Collins in some areas, he scores more and dishes more assist, but still.
    If Collins stays healthy and follows a typical career arch, He might become a 22 ppg, 12 rebounds per game 4 assist per and .600 percent shooter by the time he's Giannis's current age.

People, that would put him among the top 10 plyers in the game as long as he also works on defense, he clearly has the tools to become a plus defender as well.

Thoughts ?

Wasn't he the # 19 or # 21 pick? A seemingly great get.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:
    18.7 ppg
    10.4 rebounds per game
    2,5 assist per game
    Shooting .576%

Thoughts ?

Wasn't he the # 19 or # 21 pick? A seemingly great get.

I think we got him at #19. He would likely go top 5 in the same pool today.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JC is an amazing player at his age. If Hawks would have kept Doncic instead of Young, I think that duo would have been amazing. Granted, Hawks got another 1st round pick from it for next year, but Doncic is balling out. Anyways, I went off tangent, but yes, Collins is amazing. Him and Giannis is a great comparison.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    JC is an amazing player at his age. If Hawks would have kept Doncic instead of Young, I think that duo would have been amazing. Granted, Hawks got another 1st round pick from it for next year, but Doncic is balling out. Anyways, I went off tangent, but yes, Collins is amazing. Him and Giannis is a great comparison.

Young really throws the ball up well to Collins to dunk very well, it's a big reason Collins is shooting near .570%. He is also a better penetrate and dish PG than Doncic, bottom line, Young complements Collins quite well. I'd love to have both Young and Doncic.

Note, Trae has been much more efficient over the past 8 to 10 games, he has a lot of promise.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trae Young bares a rather remarkable resemblance to Mo Cheeks know what Im sayin? Hmmm. 😎😎😎

@MeR3htid said:
    Trae Young bares a rather remarkable resemblance to Mo Cheeks know what Im sayin? Hmmm. 😎😎😎

Now, THAT would be nice!!

Man, Im serious if you've been a longtime watcher of the NBA you've seen Mo Cheeks quite a bit. Now look at this kid Trae Young and try telling me with a straight face that he's not Mo Cheeks kid.

@MeR3htid said:
    Man, Im serious if you've been a longtime watcher of the NBA you've seen Mo Cheeks quite a bit. Now look at this kid Trae Young and try telling me with a straight face that he's not Mo Cheeks kid.

I've seen his parents on TV and neither one was Mo Cheeks. I guess he could have been a secret adoption and no one has been told about it. I was commenting more on how good it would be if he could develop to that level of play. I see the resemblance clearly as do you

Okay. Well, u know what they say, Mammas baby, Daddys MAYBE. I think Trae Youngs Dad should've gotten a DNA test as I think all men should. 😂😂😂😂😎😎😎😎