Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Before the Hedges podcast

2»

Comments

• Commit_2_GCommit_2_G Posts: 60 ✭✭ Sophomore

Can't wait for Android edition. Listen on Podcastaddict and have been looking for this for months.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

I don't know where to post this question so, forgive me if this is not the place. A few of us have been discussing the transfer rules and the "processing" of players. @JeffSentell @MikeGriffith @Chip_Towers @DawgNationDaily is there a place we can find how many players were "processed" (whatever that means) each year, and why?

How many have not had their scholarships renewed and why? What are the rules and are they different from the reality?

Does a coach have the ability to basically kick a player off the team for no reason other than he wants their scholarship?
    I'm looking for facts on this. Where might I find them?

I did find one article: https://thesportjournal.org/article/roster-survival/

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog GREAT QUESTION! Let me know if you get a response (an answer?) or come up with anything. Finding any REAL information that is clear on this topic seems to be like searching for the "Holy Grail" these days! SUPER Frustrating.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    @JayDog GREAT QUESTION! Let me know if you get a response (an answer?) or come up with anything. Finding any REAL information that is clear on this topic seems to be like searching for the "Holy Grail" these days! SUPER Frustrating.

No answer as yet, though I'm hopeful DN staff might do an article on it sometime.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog Thanks for posing the question anyway. I have wondered a lot myself. You put into words the best, what I was thinking, and probably a lot of others in here may have been also.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2019

@JayDog said:
    I don't know where to post this question so, forgive me if this is not the place. A few of us have been discussing the transfer rules and the "processing" of players. @JeffSentell @MikeGriffith @Chip_Towers @DawgNationDaily is there a place we can find how many players were "processed" (whatever that means) each year, and why?

How many have not had their scholarships renewed and why? What are the rules and are they different from the reality?

Does a coach have the ability to basically kick a player off the team for no reason other than he wants their scholarship?
    I'm looking for facts on this. Where might I find them?

I did find one article: https://thesportjournal.org/article/roster-survival/

These questions you ask maybe as secretive as injury reports to disclose or showing your hands in Texas Holdem before placing the next bet.
    I am not a card player but it seems similiar that it does not benefit, coach or player in most cases to explain the real reason why someone moves on.

Coaches will only include you or tell you when it benefits the team or themselves on some level.

The player usually leaves a postive thank behind not wanting to alienate those he knows or those associated that he will meet in the future. There is nothing I am telling anyone that is novel to anyone on this site.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

@JeffSentell I listen to a Dawgnation daily while I drive around during that day on podcast.

Has before the hedges been made into a podcast also ?

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin
    edited April 2019

It also streams and is archived on YouTube. Do understand the data pinch there. You'd have to ask our 5-star Podcaster @DawgNationDaily about the process and procedures for getting "Hedges" onto the Soundcloud platform.