Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UofSC

PaulKirklandPaulKirkland Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

So, here's another little facet that everyone can rub into the faces of our little SEC East rival. The University of South Carolina... or rather USC jr as we have liked to call them. Is now attempting, at the DISMAY of their alumni and fans, to concede the acronym USC to Southern Cal and re-brand themselves UofSC! So, rub it in their faces! Their dirty little gameCock loving faces! UofSC.... dilly dilly!!!
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article224224035.html

Comments

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chicken little will always be SCAR to me

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I just call them Carolina

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to hear it. I grew up in Georgia and have lived in the south my whole life, and USC is the University of Southern California. If you mention USC in conversation, I'm not going to hesitate and wonder who you're referring to. I'm going to assume it's the University of Southern California. If it turns out to be South Carolina, I'll probably casually walk away. I won't make a big deal of it, but I'll think less of you and possibly never speak to you again.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How about UofSCjr

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both USC football programs are junior.

• USC West, Jr.
    • USC East, Jr.

Go, Dawgs!

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's more than one football team in South Carolina? Who knew.

@CharlestowneDawg said:
    USC = Southern Cal
    Carolina = North Carolina
    South Carolina = SCar, USCjr, USClite, and now...UofSC. :D:D:D

If ya can't beat 'em.......rebrand!

Agree with all of that. On a similar note, I saw another thread with "UTjr" in the title. That's strange to me since Tennessee = UT in my mind (no need for the "jr"), and Texas is simply Texas.

UT = Tennessee
    Texas = Texas

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:
    Chicken little will always be SCAR to me

@Midnite_Train agree sir. They always play like they’re SCARed!

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I call them Cackalack

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talked to a SCAR fan about this a few days ago. According to him, the UofSC thing has been around for a few years but only internally and among their own fanbase. He said the recent push has been more of a branding thing to differentiate them from Southern Cal on a national media level.

• BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@AnotherDawg said:

@CharlestowneDawg said:
    USC = Southern Cal
    Carolina = North Carolina
    South Carolina = SCar, USCjr, USClite, and now...UofSC. :D:D:D

If ya can't beat 'em.......rebrand!

Agree with all of that. On a similar note, I saw another thread with "UTjr" in the title. That's strange to me since Tennessee = UT in my mind (no need for the "jr"), and Texas is simply Texas.

UT = Tennessee
    Texas = Texas

UT = Texas
    Tennessee = Trash

@BigDawgBrink said:

UT = Texas
    Tennessee = Trash

C'mon now, someone has to make the moonshine!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UofSC won't work in speech. Might as well stick with USC. Could say "USC East", if they want to be adorable.