Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Kiss A Ginger Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I kid you not. This is a "real" day. I have one Ginger in mind, from Gilligan's Island and don't believe I've ever known any Ginger's in real life. Anyway, she would be my first choice on this auspicious day.

It's also National Curried Chicken Day. Enough said. I love curried chicken...might just be my favorite after fried chicken. Your thoughts?

If neither of the above two float your boat, it's also National Vision Board Day. One celebrate this by (I can't believe I"m really typing this) by getting together with friends in a fun environment to set goals, cast vision and dream out loud in a tangible way by creating vision boards that are then mounted on a wall. Seeing hopes and dreams helps set in motion for these visions to become a reality. Many actors, musicians, fashion and entertainment-based people have been participating in this since it’s inception. Vision boards help people remember their goals and visions on a daily basis.

I guess if you don't have Kirby reminding you each day to keep choppin or to keep the main thing the main thing, a vision board might help. Does anyone know of this being used successfully in coaching?

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    I kid you not. This is a "real" day. I have one Ginger in mind, from Gilligan's Island and don't believe I've ever known any Ginger's in real life. Anyway, she would be my first choice on this auspicious day.

It's also National Curried Chicken Day. Enough said. I love curried chicken...might just be my favorite after fried chicken. Your thoughts?

If neither of the above two float your boat, it's also National Vision Board Day. One celebrate this by (I can't believe I"m really typing this) by getting together with friends in a fun environment to set goals, cast vision and dream out loud in a tangible way by creating vision boards that are then mounted on a wall. Seeing hopes and dreams helps set in motion for these visions to become a reality. Many actors, musicians, fashion and entertainment-based people have been participating in this since it’s inception. Vision boards help people remember their goals and visions on a daily basis.

I guess if you don't have Kirby reminding you each day to keep choppin or to keep the main thing the main thing, a vision board might help. Does anyone know of this being used successfully in coaching?

I once married a ginger, maybe I'll find an attractive redheaded stranger and plant one on her today.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

I once married a ginger, maybe I'll find an attractive redheaded stranger and plant one on her today.

Let us know, WC. A vicarious Ginger kiss may be better than nothing at all!

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm the same as you Don. Don't think I know any gingers personally, but I would gladly kiss Tina Louise (aka Ginger from Gilligan's Island). She turns 85 this year, but (for those who missed it) here's how she looked back in the day:

Tina_Louise_1964.JPG

If you want to go even further back I'll take Rita Hayworth.

Among the more contemporary candidates, give me Jessica Chastain and Amy Adams. (I'm a fan of Emma Stone too but she's a bit young.)

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

Among the more contemporary candidates, give me Jessica Chastain and Amy Adams. (I'm a fan of Emma Stone too but she's a bit young.)

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

I approve! Who is that?

@AnotherDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

I approve! Who is that?

Christina Hendricks - was on the TV.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

Nice selection!!

edited January 2019

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

I approve! Who is that?

Wow! I am familiar with her but have never seen her look as good as that first GIF you posted. Definitely stunning. Well done.

Edit: the second GIF (above) is more in line with what I've seen and isn't nearly as appealing.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

I approve! Who is that?

Wow! I am familiar with her but have never seen her look as good as that first GIF you posted. Definitely stunning. Well done.

Edit: the second GIF (above) is more in line with what I've seen and isn't nearly as appealing.

Check out Bad Santa movie, she’s a bad girl.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ginger or Mary Ann, always preferred Mary Ann.

@AnotherDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

I approve! Who is that?

There are some gingers in this even if some are in black and white. And its Marshall Crenshaw.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kyhYwjUWuto&t=0s&index=27&list=WL

@FirePlugDawg said:
    There are some gingers in this even if some are in black and white. And its Marshall Crenshaw.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kyhYwjUWuto&t=0s&index=27&list=WL

Great video, and man, Marshall Crenshaw has to be one of the most under appreciated musical artists ever.

• RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here's younger Christina Hendricks, a.k.a. Mal's "wife" from Firefly.