Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Did you guys know?!

Comments

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its really about time we stopped hating on Fields ( Me included). He wasn't the 1 who led himself to believe that he would b given a REAL shot at the starting gig. That would b CKS. Kid came in under the impression that the gig was open for competition when it never really was barring a Fromm injury and extended absence. I wouldn't have given him the opportunity to start either his Freshman year with Fromm having showed such promise his Freshman year. But I definitely would have given him an opportunity to spark the team in that LSU debacle as it was clear that Fromm was off. Let's b adult enough to keep this kids name out of our mouths as he's moved on and we should b men and women enough to do the same.

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has anyone noticed the similarities between Smart's and Richt's record the first 3 years?

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No Biff, tell me more please.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would anybody care to discuss Georgia's inability to lock up big-time recruits? It's becoming a problem.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CTDawg said:
    Would anybody care to discuss Georgia's inability to lock up big-time recruits? It's becoming a problem.

Not me.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

We should make this the over talked about thread.

Did you guys know Mary Beth Smart used to play basketball at Georgia?!?

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MR has apparently come out of retirement already to lose control of this thread.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RoyGaff said:
    Jan Kemp has a son named Bryan.

****..I never thought of it before but did Breyeaaaaaaaain Keyamp got to UGA? For the vastly improved UGA academic standards I hope not.

• McDonough_DawgMcDonough_Dawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

I thought Jake sold insurance?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@McDonough_Dawg said:

wears khaki pants, I believe. Makes calls at night. Like that.

• McDonough_DawgMcDonough_Dawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

@FirePlugDawg said:

@McDonough_Dawg said:

wears khaki pants, I believe. Makes calls at night. Like that.

Sounds like an NCAA violation

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have y’all heard about DEEEEEZ nutz?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actual cannibal Shia Labeouf?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NCAA has something called a transfer portal. Anyone heard of it?

(Too soon?)

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@deutcshland_dawg said:

@MeR3htid said:
    Its really about time we stopped hating on Fields ( Me included). He wasn't the 1 who led himself to believe that he would b given a REAL shot at the starting gig. That would b CKS. Kid came in under the impression that the gig was open for competition when it never really was barring a Fromm injury and extended absence. I wouldn't have given him the opportunity to start either his Freshman year with Fromm having showed such promise his Freshman year. But I definitely would have given him an opportunity to spark the team in that LSU debacle as it was clear that Fromm was off. Let's b adult enough to keep this kids name out of our mouths as he's moved on and we should b men and women enough to do the same.

How do you know he wasn't given a real shot? I'm not trying to be a jerk just want to know if you have some real info that he was never given a chance. I just find it odd that UGA had a couple kids who didn't start at the beginninng of the year but were able to become starters by the end of the year through performance in practice and in limited game time. Why would the coaching staff do this at every other position other then QB

Thank you! Jordan Davis, for instance. And another thing. The more people say “stop hating of poor Justin Fields the more I want to hate on him. I wasnt hating on him but he’s not a Dawg so “up his” to the infinite degree. I dont wish him ill will. I only want him to sit out like everyone else because he has NOT been wronged by my university in any way, shape, or form. I think the people who say he wasnt given a fair shake are mostly biased for one particular reason.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have you guys heard that Justin Fields transferred? I just found out.

Next thing I'm expecting is news about how the Georgia Goats are thinking of becoming the Bulldogs.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:
    Have you guys heard that Justin Fields transferred? I just found out.

I wonder if he'll apply for a waiver...

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Because with Fromm coming back and figuring to make a leap to ALL SEC why would u put his job up for grabs. Im not saying he (Fields) deserved a fair shot but I do believe he was told that he would get 1 which was a lie. For instance I know the pros r different but do u bring a guy in to compete with Matt Ryan for his job? No u dont and I know Fromm was only a Soph but he was coming off a great freshman season relative to what they asked him to do so he should've been the unchallenged starter unless he proved that the gig was too big for him. Other than that he should've been left alone and Fields should've taken a redshirt if possible. But of course NO, it was NEVER an open competition.