Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Updated 2020 Mock Class

QB Robby Ashford
    RB EJ Smith
    APB Tank Bigsby
    WR Rico Powers Jr
    WR Mike Wyman
    WR Justin Robinson
    TE Arik Gilbert
    TE 2
    OT Broderick Jones
    OT Chris Morris
    OT/G Tate Ratledge
    OG Sedrick Van Pran
    OL/DL Justin Rogers
    DT Jamil Burroughs
    DT Warren Brinson
    DT Nasir Stackhouse
    DE Jacolbe Cowan
    DE Andy Boykin
    DE Myles Murphy
    OLB/DE Zykevious Walker
    OLB BJ Ojulari
    OLB Demon Clowney
    OLB Mekhail Sherman / Fadil Diggs
    DB Javier Morton
    DB Fred Davis II
    DB Enzo Jennings
    DB Lejond Cavazos

Good mock. Where do you have Bresee going? I think we’ll have a 5 star at RB too. Tank I don’t believe we’re in his top 3 right now and I think that’s more of a reflection for how Dell views him FWIW.

I think one of Brinson or Stackhouse doesn’t make this class. Brinson did look good at future 50 FWIW. Boykin will need a big senior year, he wants to be a Dawg but...he’s going to need a big senior year. Love the DB class you have here.

As of right now, I project Breesee to Penn State but you could exchange one of Boykin, Murphy, Stackhouse or Brinson for him. I think Stackhouse sticks (good size) and that helps with Morton as with Mathis reeling in Jennings and Rogers. Last I read, which was a week ago, we’re definitely at the forefront of Bigsby’s recruitment. Another defensive lineman to look out for is Lamar Goods, he could easily be in this class.

Yeah saw that...hearing chickens, barners, and creamsicles in that order. I believe we’re there but lots of questions on Tank’s speed for RBU. We’ll see how it progresses.

Another kid who could make his way into the class is Jordon Simmons, Tyler's younger brother. He may be underrated as a 3 star, he looked great at the Future 50 or Rising Seniors, forgot which one, and has AMAZING speed

I saw the name and was like ah I wonder if they're related, pulled up the picture and there was no doubt haha

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

Another kid who could make his way into the class is Jordon Simmons, Tyler's younger brother. He may be underrated as a 3 star, he looked great at the Future 50 or Rising Seniors, forgot which one, and has AMAZING speed

Couldn't find a whole lot on Jordon besides this. He looks aight I suppose.

https://youtu.be/D-DdV0CmEIQ

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Denmen185 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Updated 2020 Mock Class

QB Robby Ashford
    RB EJ Smith
    APB Tank Bigsby
    WR Rico Powers Jr
    WR Mike Wyman
    WR Justin Robinson
    TE Arik Gilbert
    TE 2
    OT Broderick Jones
    OT Chris Morris
    OT/G Tate Ratledge
    OG Sedrick Van Pran
    OL/DL Justin Rogers
    DT Jamil Burroughs
    DT Warren Brinson
    DT Nasir Stackhouse
    DE Jacolbe Cowan
    DE Andy Boykin
    DE Myles Murphy
    OLB/DE Zykevious Walker
    OLB BJ Ojulari
    OLB Demon Clowney
    DB Javier Morton
    DB Fred Davis II
    DB Enzo Jennings
    DB Lejond Cavazos

27 Total would mean no more 2019 signees except Plumlee (or alternate). Also 10/11 front 5 seems unlikely plus we have a desperate need for ILB.

I disagree on ILB - we have take in 5 in the last two classes, seems like a pretty full room when you include Rice too (plus the elder statesman there too).

I fear that 2020 ILB will be Rice (unless he has a good year and declares), Tindall, Walker, Dean, Marshall, McBride and Hunter. With neither Hunter or McBride getting on the field (ST not counting) in 2 years I don't see both being retained. We could therefore end up with 4 SEC ILB when 7-8 should be the target number. Who am I missing?

Rian Davis and I’d suspect one of the 2020 OLB will be in this mold where I can slide into ILB if needed

Thanks; missed Davis

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Updated 2020 Mock Class

QB Robby Ashford
    RB EJ Smith
    APB Tank Bigsby
    WR Rico Powers Jr
    WR Mike Wyman
    WR Justin Robinson
    TE Arik Gilbert
    TE 2
    OT Broderick Jones
    OT Chris Morris
    OT/G Tate Ratledge
    OG Sedrick Van Pran
    OL/DL Justin Rogers
    DT Jamil Burroughs
    DT Warren Brinson
    DT Nasir Stackhouse
    DE Jacolbe Cowan
    DE Andy Boykin
    DE Myles Murphy
    OLB/DE Zykevious Walker
    OLB BJ Ojulari
    OLB Demon Clowney
    DB Javier Morton
    DB Fred Davis II
    DB Enzo Jennings
    DB Lejond Cavazos

27 Total would mean no more 2019 signees except Plumlee (or alternate). Also 10/11 front 5 seems unlikely plus we have a desperate need for ILB.

You're the #s guy, I leave that to you as that's your level of expertise. With that being said, I don't see us bringing in many more in February and I do think we load up on High quality DL in 2020. The greatness that is the transfer portal has completely shaken up the #s game IMHO, making projections difficult to pin down.

• JGrizzardJGrizzard Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Denmen185 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Updated 2020 Mock Class

QB Robby Ashford
    RB EJ Smith
    APB Tank Bigsby
    WR Rico Powers Jr
    WR Mike Wyman
    WR Justin Robinson
    TE Arik Gilbert
    TE 2
    OT Broderick Jones
    OT Chris Morris
    OT/G Tate Ratledge
    OG Sedrick Van Pran
    OL/DL Justin Rogers
    DT Jamil Burroughs
    DT Warren Brinson
    DT Nasir Stackhouse
    DE Jacolbe Cowan
    DE Andy Boykin
    DE Myles Murphy
    OLB/DE Zykevious Walker
    OLB BJ Ojulari
    OLB Demon Clowney
    DB Javier Morton
    DB Fred Davis II
    DB Enzo Jennings
    DB Lejond Cavazos

I disagree on ILB - we have take in 5 in the last two classes, seems like a pretty full room when you include Rice too (plus the elder statesman there too).

I fear that 2020 ILB will be Rice (unless he has a good year and declares), Tindall, Walker, Dean, Marshall, McBride and Hunter. With neither Hunter or McBride getting on the field (ST not counting) in 2 years I don't see both being retained. We could therefore end up with 4 SEC ILB when 7-8 should be the target number. Who am I missing?

Otis Reese

@tiger_62082 said:
    Updated 2020 Mock Class

QB Robby Ashford
    RB EJ Smith
    APB Tank Bigsby
    WR Rico Powers Jr
    WR Mike Wyman
    WR Justin Robinson
    TE Arik Gilbert
    TE 2
    OT Broderick Jones
    OT Chris Morris
    OT/G Tate Ratledge
    OG Sedrick Van Pran
    OL/DL Justin Rogers
    DT Jamil Burroughs
    DT Warren Brinson
    DT Nasir Stackhouse
    DE Jacolbe Cowan
    DE Andy Boykin
    DE Myles Murphy
    OLB/DE Zykevious Walker
    OLB BJ Ojulari
    OLB Demon Clowney
    DB Javier Morton
    DB Fred Davis II
    DB Enzo Jennings
    DB Lejond Cavazos

Correction: EJ SMITH is an APB and Tank is a RB. Kendall Milton could very well end up in this class. Zachary Evans won't be.

@tiger_62082 said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Updated 2020 Mock Class

QB Robby Ashford
    RB EJ Smith
    APB Tank Bigsby
    WR Rico Powers Jr
    WR Mike Wyman
    WR Justin Robinson
    TE Arik Gilbert
    TE 2
    OT Broderick Jones
    OT Chris Morris
    OT/G Tate Ratledge
    OG Sedrick Van Pran
    OL/DL Justin Rogers
    DT Jamil Burroughs
    DT Warren Brinson
    DT Nasir Stackhouse
    DE Jacolbe Cowan
    DE Andy Boykin
    DE Myles Murphy
    OLB/DE Zykevious Walker
    OLB BJ Ojulari
    OLB Demon Clowney
    DB Javier Morton
    DB Fred Davis II
    DB Enzo Jennings
    DB Lejond Cavazos

Correction: EJ SMITH is an APB and Tank is a RB. Kendall Milton could very well end up in this class. Zachary Evans won't be.

Murphy is far from a lock though Georgia is the favorite. Hearing he likes Clemson a lot, too.

Dutchtown defensive end William Anderson is seeing his already strong stock continue to rise. He's already added to his long list of thirty offers.

One team that's absent from the group, however, is the in-state Bulldogs, who made a stop in Anderson's home town of Hampton on Tuesday.

"[Georgia] would most definitely give me something to think about, but it's all about what fits me best," Anderson said. "I want to get there and see what they're about. I also want to see how they're talking and how it all goes."

While Kirby Smart was leading the charge on Tuesday, it's another staffer who's been Anderson's primary contact so far.

"I speak mostly to coach Tray Scott," Anderson said. "They're thinking of me more as an outside linebacker right now."

Will Georgia's early hesitance to offer cost them in the end?

"I wouldn't say it'll affect it, but it's something to think about," Anderson said.

Regardless, the 6-foot-4, 225-pound pass rusher has plenty of other options.

"Auburn, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, and Kentucky. I feel close with all of them, because they all show me a lot of love and make me feel like family," Anderson said. "I just have to get back and see them to see how each fits."

He's already put in visits to several programs.

"At Auburn, it's just the family atmosphere they have and the crowds. Also, their facilities are nice," Anderson said. "The head coach offered me, and that's something no other school has done. It shocked me. That sets them apart from every other school."

Willie Taggart's staff also impressed.

"Florida State was nice. As soon as you walk in, all the coaches huddle up around you and make you feel like you're already one of their players," Anderson said. "I got to sit down with Coach Taggart in his office as well. It was just nice. They gave me one of the best visits I've had so far. I feel like they're coming up. They're up to something new. The recruiting class they just got should be one of the best they've gotten. I think you'll see a turnaround at Florida State this year."

The three-star defender is in no rush, however.

"If it's where I fit, it's where I fit," Anderson said. "It's all about getting around the right people and the right group of men and making it all click."

Anderson hopes to click with some of those teams this spring.

"I'll go to Mississippi State, Auburn, Florida State, and Tennessee," he said of his upcoming plans.

Georgia Twitter was ablaze last Friday when 2020 five-star linebacker Mekhail Sherman tweeted the following:

Mekhail Sherman🌹
    @JuicedUpK9
    Not gonna lie... I’m feeling that Georgia love ❤️. #GoDawgs

4:17 PM - Jan 11, 2019

The nation's No. 18 overall junior said the Bulldogs have been making that love clear in a number of ways.

"Georgia just has a different vibe about things. It's more of a family vibe. It's been through communication on texts and Facetime," he said. "They also visited my school last Friday."

Given the number of UGA staffers stopping by to check on the Washington, D.C.-based playmaker, that's not hard to believe.

"Actually, it's Coach [Glenn] Schumann, Dan Lanning, and Nick Williams who are recruiting me," Sherman said. "It's been great to know them and have them bond within my family."

If the familial aspect seems like a pattern, it's because it's struck such a chord early.

"They are growing with my family, most importantly," Sherman said. "It's with my sister, my brother-in-law, and my mom, who are the pedestals of my recruitment, and they have responded [to the staff] greatly."

Those discussions have been centered around a combination of getting to know those close to Sherman and imparting on him the role he could fill in Athens.

"It's both," Sherman said. "Basically, they are talking about the game plan with me and how they are going to mold me. Also, it's about how I'm going to fit in their system."

Could that mean stepping in right away?

"If I play my cards right, yes, there's a possibility I'll be able to make an early and immediate impact," Sherman said. "They are still waiting on my decision to be an insider linebacker or outside linebacker."

While the Bulldogs wait on that word, they'll also be waiting on Sherman's next trip to Athens, which should take place this spring.

"Yes, I [plan to see them], and I'll also see LSU, Clemson, and Michigan," he said.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guys (gal), what music would fit @tiger_62082 's latest posts? Something like the old NFL Films productions?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:
    Guys (gal), what music would fit @tiger_62082 's latest posts? Something like the old NFL Films productions?

ROTFL! So good.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Denmen185 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Updated 2020 Mock Class

QB Robby Ashford
    RB EJ Smith
    APB Tank Bigsby
    WR Rico Powers Jr
    WR Mike Wyman
    WR Justin Robinson
    TE Arik Gilbert
    TE 2
    OT Broderick Jones
    OT Chris Morris
    OT/G Tate Ratledge
    OG Sedrick Van Pran
    OL/DL Justin Rogers
    DT Jamil Burroughs
    DT Warren Brinson
    DT Nasir Stackhouse
    DE Jacolbe Cowan
    DE Andy Boykin
    DE Myles Murphy
    OLB/DE Zykevious Walker
    OLB BJ Ojulari
    OLB Demon Clowney
    DB Javier Morton
    DB Fred Davis II
    DB Enzo Jennings
    DB Lejond Cavazos

Rian Davis and I’d suspect one of the 2020 OLB will be in this mold where I can slide into ILB if needed

“2020 Rian Davis type” -
    M Sherman said. "They (UGA) are still waiting on my decision to be an insider linebacker or outside linebacker."

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Peruse the Rivals Top 100 for 2020 and OSU owns that top 50.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Polynikes said:
    Peruse the Rivals Top 100 for 2020 and OSU owns that top 50.

That will change, a lot of the CBs put in are just reporters getting in early (and if they wind up sticking, a lot of “points” their way)

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

this 2020 class is going to be crazy

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2019

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

It has been said that Kirby would like to finish the class with 3 of these guys.

Where do spots open up at?

This discussion has been closed.