Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NATIONAL NOTHING DAY

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a real day, honest to pete. It is a day designed so Americans can sit and relax and enjoy the day with nothing at all to celebrate. Nice idea.

However, if you are like me, you are a celebrator. I love to celebrate. I had a teacher once who said it was important to celebrate before the exam. You've prepared and done the work, so celebrate and relax before the exam and you'll do better. Not sure if that's a good policy of not, but it was his policy.

So, since I like to celebrate, it is also National Fig Newton Day. Pretty clear how to celebrate that, right. I've always loved Fig Newtons and their many iterations. With a nice glass of milk, mmmm.

Comments

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like the character in the film Office Space My dream has always been to do nothing.

Have a take it or leave it Nothing Day everybody.

Great pic, except for the frame.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    This is a real day, honest to pete. It is a day designed so Americans can sit and relax and enjoy the day with nothing at all to celebrate. Nice idea.

However, if you are like me, you are a celebrator. I love to celebrate. I had a teacher once who said it was important to celebrate before the exam. You've prepared and done the work, so celebrate and relax before the exam and you'll do better. Not sure if that's a good policy of not, but it was his policy.

So, since I like to celebrate, it is also National Fig Newton Day. Pretty clear how to celebrate that, right. I've always loved Fig Newtons and their many iterations. With a nice glass of milk, mmmm.

I like this advice. But the way I normally celebrate is with a case of beer and my friends. Should I take my exams hammered?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grew up on fig newtons and 'nilla wafers. Plus mom's homemade cookies: chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin.

Good times.

@AnotherDawg said:
    Grew up on fig newtons and 'nilla wafers. Plus mom's homemade cookies: chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin.

Good times.

Fig Newtons used to fuel me before long swims, plus, they's tasty.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@benjaminwgregg said:

@donm said:

I like this advice. But the way I normally celebrate is with a case of beer and my friends. Should I take my exams hammered?

Only if you studied that way. State specific learning.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

Good times.

I like Apple Newton’s, too, but there’s something addicting about those hard little fig seed thingies in there.....

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Bigcalidawg said:

@AnotherDawg said:

Good times.

I like Apple Newton’s, too, but there’s something addicting about those hard little fig seed thingies in there.....

Figs are pretty well unloved except for the Newtons. Remember the term "figgy pudding" from the old Christmas song, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"? If you never tried a fig jam, you have damned well ruined your life up to the point that you do so. You can rightly assess your life as being at the bottom of the deepest void, bereft of love, comfort and anything sensual and fine. As shallow and meaningless as all get out. A festering, evanescent pustule on the backside of the vilest demon.
    Dried figs are good too.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes me feel better about the rain in my parts and not being able to complete a sod job that was supposed to be done in December. Between the holidays, having to go back and grade the ground from the pool guys, to all the rain.... I am ready to get this completed

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate