Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Hot Buttered Rum Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a perfect time for National Hot Buttered Rum Day. With frigid temps outside, what better day to imbibe on some heart-warming liquid. I've never had any hot rum. buttered or otherwise, so I'm not sure what it tastes like but a hot drink sounds pretty good right now.

Don't have any rum (or butter) on hand? No problem. It's also National Bootlegger Day. I know there are still some moonshiners around GA and the surrounding areas, so maybe it can become a rum substitute. Hot buttered kerosene. Love it. I think it's very important when buying vegetables and such to support local growers. Same with alcohol. Support your local bootlegger.

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same as you Don. Never had hot rum, with or without butter. Have had a little moonshine. I don't know any bootleggers personally, but I'm sure someone in my family tree practiced the art once upon a time.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not a rum guy, but I’ve been on A Midwinter Night’s Dram rye whiskey kick lately. It’s been hitting all the right notes and is a perfect sipper while watching the fire in the fireplace and reflecting on the day.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

It seems like we skipped past Hot Buttered Blonde Day. It really compliments HB Rum Day.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

Spiced apple cider, one dollop of butter. Heat until butter is melted. Add desired amount of rum. Build fire in fireplace and enjoy........

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Spiced apple cider, one dollop of butter. Heat until butter is melted. Add desired amount of rum. Build fire in fireplace and enjoy........

Thanks for the recipe. Sounds very tasty.