Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Texas A&M

Comments

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@MeR3htid said:
    A&M is gonna b a dangerous game for a Georgia team that should b coming off a de facto SEC East Championship game victory over Florida and could b ripe for the upset to a hungry A&M team that will probably have as much or more riding on this game as Georgia. Dawgs beware.

They also get a week off before us.

No they don't. They get a week off before South Carolina.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay sir I stand corrected and yes, looking at the schedule would b helpful but the Dawgs will b on upset alert that week regardless because A&M is a dangerous opponent that can certainly steal that game.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are a lot of big games in 2019. As has been pointed out ND will be a big national affair with a ton of eyeballs on Athens. However, for me the biggest game of the year is the Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville.

The Gators closed the 2018 strong with both the team and fan base is riding high. They're also closing in on a Top 10 recruiting class. Right now Kirby is living rent free in Mullen's head and I want CKS to add more couches and Barka lounge chairs to that space. To keep Georgia in the elite program conversation we've got to make it 3 in a row against Florida! A lot riding on this game, including a trip to Atlanta.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

A&M has a BRUTAL schedule next year. Surely the hardest in the nation. Clemson, Bama, UGA, LSU.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

For you season ticket holders I'm assuming last year was a bit of a dud.

With home games against ND, USCjr, UK, Mizzou and A&M - 2019 should be great.

Clemson, Georgia, Bama and LSU? WHEW! The NCAA should intervene on their behalf.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Mond is a Heisman darkhorse

lol

What's funny, numbnuts?

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 said:
    Will be one of our hardest games of the year.

Agree....Simply put, A&M will be in Year-2 of the Fisher regime. All his schemes will be fully implemented with a lot of players coming back who now know the system front to back. Most SEC coaches tend to be very successful in their second year. It will be a tough out for us.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 Boy, Oh boy! You are right on there sir! That game could be a really tough one indeed. Perhaps even an EPIC. Georgia definitely now has the thoroughbred horses in place, so it is winnable, but I can see a very, very tough game coming!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• WayxGaDawgWayxGaDawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Acrum21 said:
    https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/21/18190886/texas-a-m-2019-jimbo-fisher
    Pretty good case for A&M either being a dark horse playoff candidate or another 8 win regular season team. I think they could be a team to really keep an eye on next season. They'll lose at Clemson week 2 but then they get a couple of layup games at home before a bye week and Bama at home week 7. If they pull one out of their hat that could set them up for a decent run before they finish at UGA and at LSU. I personally think they finish around 9-3 with their losses to Clemson, Bama and UGA or slipping up and beating Bama but then losing to LSU. Either way they should be a pretty fun team to watch here in the next few years.

Georgia On Upset Alert

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@TDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

lol

What's funny, numbnuts?

It's funny cause he doesn't watch college football and probably doesn't know who Kellen Mond is. I mean that LSU game alone, he put mad numbers up.

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    There are a lot of big games in 2019. As has been pointed out ND will be a big national affair with a ton of eyeballs on Athens. However, for me the biggest game of the year is the Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville.

The Gators closed the 2018 strong with both the team and fan base is riding high. They're also closing in on a Top 10 recruiting class. Right now Kirby is living rent free in Mullen's head and I want CKS to add more couches and Barka lounge chairs to that space. To keep Georgia in the elite program conversation we've got to make it 3 in a row against Florida! A lot riding on this game, including a trip to Atlanta.

@Casanova_Flatulence great call! Living in Mullen’s head actually made me cough up my coffee, and as it went through my nose while I was laughing!!! Because of our good friend and DGD @JoelSidneyKelly? I almost instantly saw these images floating around in my head!!! Hysterical!!!

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@TDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

lol

What's funny, numbnuts?

It's funny cause he doesn't watch college football and probably doesn't know who Kellen Mond is. I mean that LSU game alone, he put mad numbers up.

Props, nailed it

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@TDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

lol

What's funny, numbnuts?

Props, nailed it

On top of that, history has shown that the last few QBs that have won it were mostly all dual threat. The fact that a QB can pass and run and do both has more advantages to winning it rather than a pocket pass QB. So therefore, Kellen Mond who is a DT QB and has put up significantly great numbers last year, has a chance to win it this year.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@TDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

lol

What's funny, numbnuts?

Props, nailed it

On top of that, history has shown that the last few QBs that have won it were mostly all dual threat. The fact that a QB can pass and run and do both has more advantages to winning it rather than a pocket pass QB. So therefore, Kellen Mond who is a DT QB and has put up significantly great numbers last year, has a chance to win it this year.

Yes, he has a chance.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@TDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

lol

What's funny, numbnuts?

Props, nailed it

Tua and Lawrence's rushing stats were pedestrian in their championship games (27 yards each). It was Hurts, the most dual threat of the three that was completely shut down in the first half of his championship game. The passing is what elevated the past two to their championships.

That would b correct. And it will always b correct. When u get to the upper, upper tier of CFB where the Bamas, GAs and Clemsons reside, you'd better bring a dynamic passer to the party. That would b Tua and that would b TL. If they were coming out of the same draft Id take Lawrence but only because I think he'll b more durable throughout his career.

A Shocker is happening right now in College Station, Texas!!!

APP State is winning over Texas A&M with 4:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter 17-14!!