Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA vs UF

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watch Georgia games during the offseason. It helps ease the pain hahah...Im currently watching Georgia/Florida 2018.

Yall as much as i hate UF this is the game I can see us losing next year if were not careful. Florida played us tough last year, if they had a decent QB it may have been a different game. This is the game that scares me the most.

Comments

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No worries about Fla. They should be worried about us.we are better and this is one game we'll never have to worry about UGA being ready.win this one and we wilp be in their heads and Mullen on the hot seat

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Franks will more than likely be their QB again so I'm not worried. E. Jones didn't really impress me either. I think FU still has a ways to go.

• RabidawgRabidawg Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed, I've rewatched a couple of times. They could have gained a ton of momentum if they hadn't overthrown the fleaflicka.

• senorlorenzosenorlorenzo Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SECFan13 said:

Law Dog is correct in that the game was much closer than the score indicates.

Yes, the game really was closer than the score indicated, and an additional yes in that the flea flicker success would have been HUGE. We were extremely lucky on that play.

And not to contradict my previous post, but an upset this year would be an obvious step back into the direction of the past. Which is why so much more than just division competition rides on each of those games.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

You can throw stats and numbers out the window when it comes to this one. It’s like a box of chocolates. Should be a close game but Dawgs will keep the streak going.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UF did play UGA close last year.

But remember UF loses 4 out of 5 starters from their OL (3 SR's and potential first round pick Jawaan Taylor), their starting RB (Scarlett), and their starting TE (Lewis). They return QB's and WR's... but let's be honest... those weren't strengths of the UF offense.

While their defense only loses 4 and should be solid... I can't remember the last time a team lost 4 out of 5 on the OL and was as good or better the next year.

• ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawginSC said:

But remember UF loses 4 out of 5 starters from their OL (3 SR's and potential first round pick Jawaan Taylor), their starting RB (Scarlett), and their starting TE (Lewis). They return QB's and WR's... but let's be honest... those weren't strengths of the UF offense.

While their defense only loses 4 and should be solid... I can't remember the last time a team lost 4 out of 5 on the OL and was as good or better the next year.

Jachai Polite was one of their loses on defense and will be a first rounder. He was the one that stopped half of those **** goal line calls in the game. They left him unblocked twice and both times he was able to get to the running back before the running back got to the line.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawginSC said:

Be patient, that time is coming

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our 2012 squad had Jarvis Jones, Shawn Williams, Aaron Murray, Malcolm Mitchell, pre injury Keith Marshall, Bacarri Rambo, William Witherspoon, Todd Gurley, Arthur Lynch and I could go on quite a bit more but Fla was more talented? Ill trust your research but that is a suprise to me.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@law_dawg35 said:
    I watch Georgia games during the offseason. It helps ease the pain hahah...Im currently watching Georgia/Florida 2018.

Yall as much as i hate UF this is the game I can see us losing next year if were not careful. Florida played us tough last year, if they had a decent QB it may have been a different game. This is the game that scares me the most.

Did we win the replay?

Yes sirrrr

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Everything @JoelSidneyKelly said makes me feel confident in the 2019 game.

Also Florida running a ton of smack will just fire our guys up more.

plus this guy <----------- did NOT sign his letter of intent

• WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:
    No worries about Fla. They should be worried about us.we are better and this is one game we'll never have to worry about UGA being ready.win this one and we wilp be in their heads and Mullen on the hot seat

Eric-did you say that with a straight face? Georgia will have the better talent but has lost to Florida several times in the last 20 years when Georgia was said to be the more talented team.

Law Dog is correct in that the game was much closer than the score indicates.

Talent is certainly part of it, but coaching is a huge part of it as well. I don't see Mullen getting over CKS with any measure of consistency. If both are the HC 10 years from now, the Dawgs will be 8-2 at the very least. Honestly Pruitt's ability to recruit so long as Fat Farmer doesn't meddle with him is more concerning to me.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby will be to Florida and Dan Mullen was Spurrier was to us.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wouldn't b so sure about that. This is gonna b AT MINIMUM a 10 year war between Smarts Dawgs and Mullens Gators with Smart probably winning 6 or 7 out of the 10 competitive, emotionally charged games. The Gators r our most bitter rivals for a reason and Georgia best not underestimate this Coach or this program.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stop with the closer than it seemed bs. I'll say it again, a 1 point win is an A$$ WHIPPIN!