Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA vs UF

Comments

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SECFan13 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@SECFan13 said:
    Law Dog is correct in that the game was much closer than the score indicates.

Not really. It was tight until the last 27 minutes of game time. UF lead by one point with 13:35 left to go in the 3rd quarter and that's as close as they got. UGA then lead 20-14...and 23-14 going into the 4th quarter. Final was 36-17, and UF only got a FG the final 27 minutes. That's really not 'closer than the score indicated.' That's UGA shutting UF down the second half. Don't fall into the 'Moral Victory' trap.

Florida does not take moral victories-an L is an L.

You could have fooled me after the way Gators players were talking after we beat them by 19 points.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@SECFan13 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@SECFan13 said:
    Law Dog is correct in that the game was much closer than the score indicates.

Not really. It was tight until the last 27 minutes of game time. UF lead by one point with 13:35 left to go in the 3rd quarter and that's as close as they got. UGA then lead 20-14...and 23-14 going into the 4th quarter. Final was 36-17, and UF only got a FG the final 27 minutes. That's really not 'closer than the score indicated.' That's UGA shutting UF down the second half. Don't fall into the 'Moral Victory' trap.

Florida does not take moral victories-an L is an L.

You could have fooled me after the way Gators players were talking after we beat them by 19 points.

Ay the end of the clock, 429 yards to 275. 20 first downs to 16. 31.24 TOP to 28.36. 36 points to 17. And yet, the game was closer than the score indicated..........

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@bhs11 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@bhs11 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Kirby will be to Florida and Dan Mullen was Spurrier was to us.

Whistling through the graveyard me thinks. You keep forgetting that even with all that talent Kirby is your head coach.

Mullen has never won more than 10 regular season games in his 11 year career. Dan Mullen is 79-49 as a head coach. I seriously dont understand where all of his hype comes from.

You will

I doubt it.

Kirby vs. Mullen last 2 games.....

31-3
    36-17

Being out-scored 66-20 does little to reinforce the opinion.

Put Kirby at Miss St and Mullen at UGA and see what would happen. Mullen hasn't made special teams goofs like kirby did against Bama and LSU that cost his team games. Mullen has been a superior coach. Kirby is an elite recruiter, not so much head coach. Mullen is catching up on the recruiting trail. By next year they will be even there, Can kirby catch up as a head coach?

Mullen is a mediocre coach and recruiter. He will be on the hot seat when he loses to UGA again.bc they will not except him losing 3yrs in a row.Fromm will never lose to Fla
    Fla fans are just hanging on to the past like 10yrs ago lol

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@EricDawgs1 said:

@bhs11 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@bhs11 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Whistling through the graveyard me thinks. You keep forgetting that even with all that talent Kirby is your head coach.

Mullen has never won more than 10 regular season games in his 11 year career. Dan Mullen is 79-49 as a head coach. I seriously dont understand where all of his hype comes from.

You will

I doubt it.

31-3
    36-17

Put Kirby at Miss St and Mullen at UGA and see what would happen. Mullen hasn't made special teams goofs like kirby did against Bama and LSU that cost his team games. Mullen has been a superior coach. Kirby is an elite recruiter, not so much head coach. Mullen is catching up on the recruiting trail. By next year they will be even there, Can kirby catch up as a head coach?

Mullen is a mediocre coach and recruiter. He will be on the hot seat when he loses to UGA again.bc they will not except him losing 3yrs in a row.Fromm will never lose to Fla

I doubt it tbh. Most teams have their biggest bumps in year 2 for the coaching staff. I wouldn't be surprised if Florida goes 11-1 with a loss to Georgia to lose the East...similar to 2012. Since Mullen was a part of the Meyer tree, Florida fans will still be pretty happy after that (just disappointed about losing to Georgia again), I think the year where their hopes get dashed is 2020.

• WayxGaDawgWayxGaDawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia Fans are absolutely amazing! Florida has avg 12th in team rankings over the last 4 yrs! Georgia has averaged a little more than 2nd in last 4 years! Florida has zero 5 star recruits on their team and only have roughly 40%, bluechip talent on the team! Georgia has a couple dozen 5-star recruits and is roughly 70%, bluechip players! CFB is about the talent on the Field! Florida will have to improve in recruiting before they "upset" Georgia! Georgia Fans Needs To Think Bigger than Beating the Gators!

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The man reason UGA is still way ahead of Florida is depth, and the depth really showed in the 2nd half this past year when UGA took over the game.

Florida is always going to have talent but untill the build depth we will continue to handle business. And Florida is 3 years away at best to having the kind of depth we do.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Feleipe Franks can not beat Kirby’s Georgia. Kid does not have it in him.

If Emory Jones develops, eventually I’ll take that game more serious.

Only thing to worry about is if Georgia shows up in Jacksonville like they showed up for the Sugar Bowl. And ain’t nobody skipping the cocktail party because they’re worried about the draft. So it’s gonna be a lot harder to show up like that.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to mention that Florida is losing 4 starting offensive lineman and they have no true depth at O-line

@SECFan13 said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@bhs11 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@bhs11 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@SECFan13 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

You will

I doubt it.

31-3
    36-17

LOL-yeah, ok.

What has he won in 11yrs as a head coach?not a thing.fla 3rd best in the east

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

@SECFan13 said
    He was at Mississippi State-he won more there than any coach before him and now has the resources and access to talent he did not have there. Georgia is the king in the east right now but if you seriously think Mullen won't challenge them from here on out you really don't know football.

You're right, even a blind squirrel can get a nut every once in a while.

He won't bc he's mediocre. He was there 10yrs and never got close to winning the West l.dont come with that bs talking about he was at msu.if he was so good he would've gotten a better job years ago.but no one wanted him but yall dumbass gators lol

I just used facts lol

3rd best in the East

Fla fans act like they started playing the game when SS became the coach. They forget Fla was a mid tier team for 50yrs b4 SS.since URBAN ran away they have been back to normal.mediocre lol.all truths