Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Super Bowl Haftime Concert

JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pepsi in Coke Country.... strong move. Won’t push me to drink it

Comments

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I NEVER drink Pepsi.

Don't you know those idiots who turned the chance to perform at the half time show now wish they hadn't.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

@PlayHurt said:
    What halftime show? We turned it to NatGeo. They have a show on watching paint dry.

Hahaha the wife asked if I knew who the singer was and told her I thought he was an actor. I guess I should have painted a wall.

It wasn’t the worst I’ve seen but Pepsi really... guess it says something about where my mind is at

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@IrishGrudge said:
    Huge missed opportunity not having Andre 3000 have a surprise appearance with Big Boi. That place would’ve erupted.

Would’ve liked that a lot more than M5.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@IrishGrudge said:
    Huge missed opportunity not having Andre 3000 have a surprise appearance with Big Boi. That place would’ve erupted.

I said something similar, hoping he’d come out with Big Boi and announce they’re bringing Outkast back

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad it wasn’t political. My wife liked it.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Outkast ain't coming back; sadly.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    Glad it wasn’t political. My wife liked it.

I think that’s why they picked Maroon 5, Just looking for a cash grab

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@IrishGrudge said:

I read somewhere that Andre 3000 said he didn't want to do shortened snippets of their songs. Also read that several ATL-based performers told the NFL no over the whole Kapernick kneeling thing.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If a restaurant serves Pepsi we don’t go or walk out.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always turn it off. There isn't one day that the music died. It happens every Super Bowl Sunday.

Andre3000 is the only pop star I'd watch, but he's right. The way they try to do it is horrible. Instead of bad pop music, they should take the time to honor past SB MVP's, those players and coaches who have passed away, and NFL-related content. That should be enough to fill every season's halftime.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was garbage, like usual. Bring back Bruno Mars and Santana, they actually perform worth a dime.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Lefty13 said:
    I NEVER drink Pepsi.

Don't you know those idiots who turned the chance to perform at the half time show now wish they hadn't.

No they didn't regret it.they stood up for Keap and food for them.

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

I didn't particularly care for the performance but that is just a generational thing. I was glad they left the politics out of it, for that I thank them.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

I miss Celebrity Death Match

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Adam Levine is an interesting cat. I will admit to enjoying his music - Moves Like Jagger reminds me of myself back in my single party days. I really thought I was the shiznit - and still do, actually. :blush: