Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Super Bowl Haftime Concert

2»

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@RoyGaff said:

@Bankwalker said:
    Reminds me of myself back in my single party days.

Speaking of Pepsi I think I did coke with you back at the Odyssey in 1985.

Now I would have raised an eyebrow had you said 82'-83' . One of my main hangouts back then....

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@greshamdisco said:
    Glad it wasn’t political. My wife liked it.

I think that’s why they picked Maroon 5, Just looking for a cash grab

I had read that musicians don't typically get paid for their half-time shows at the SB. I guess the exposure is worth more than money to them. Not sure of the accuracy of the material I read.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:
    If a restaurant serves Pepsi we don’t go or walk out.

Wait, for real? I’ve heard people say that and it blows my mind. As a former restaurant manager, I can tell you without question that Pepsi is a lot cheaper. When I made the decision to go with Pepsi over coke in my restaurants it was definitely not about which one I liked better, but about the bottom line. It was not even close.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    I just know tattoo parlors did a big business today. I got “Northern Georgia / Athens” tattooed across my stomach today. Lots of space there for it.

Get after it Gresham bro!

In all seriousness, I was pretty nervous when we got to that point in the show. With each new song played a article of clothing was removed. Seeing what pieces of clothing was left.... I was pumped he stopped after the last shirt was removed

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:

@Dawg1419 said:

Wait, for real? I’ve heard people say that and it blows my mind. As a former restaurant manager, I can tell you without question that Pepsi is a lot cheaper. When I made the decision to go with Pepsi over coke in my restaurants it was definitely not about which one I liked better, but about the bottom line. It was not even close.

But you can charge what you want, right? I rarely order a soft drink with my food, so I don't know prices. So if one were to charge $1.75 for a Coke versus $1.25 for a Pepsi (would not have both on the menu), would anyone complain/notice? Please do not take this as criticism. Just curious. Some prices are not elastic as the economists would say.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@greshamdisco said:
    I just know tattoo parlors did a big business today. I got “Northern Georgia / Athens” tattooed across my stomach today. Lots of space there for it.

Just waiting for photos to surface of Governor Ralph Northam participating in an Adam Levine dance contest.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@jarred_buck said:

@Dawg1419 said:

But you can charge what you want, right? I rarely order a soft drink with my food, so I don't know prices. So if one were to charge $1.75 for a Coke versus $1.25 for a Pepsi (would not have both on the menu), would anyone complain/notice? Please do not take this as criticism. Just curious. Some prices are not elastic as the economists would say.

I didn’t take you negatively at all!

Sure, you can charge whatever you want, but 50 cents in the restaurant industry (especially the quick service industry) is a big deal to a lot of people. $7.50 vs $8.00 makes all the difference in the world. Plus, selling drinks brings food cost down considerably because the margins are much higher on beverages than food.

Coca-cola is much more likely to bring the prices down to major chains, but when you have only a few (I oversaw 2, then 3 restaurants) they don’t really come down on their prices. My same contacts through coca-cola were not able to give me the prices that gave me when I oversaw restaurants wiith a national name. Pepsi is much more willing to offer lower prices to the smaller operations. Though I would choose coca-cola over Pepsi personally, I certainly didn’t feel like I owed them extra money due to them being a southern company.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I actually saw M5 at the Georgia Theater in Athens right when Songs About Jane came out. It was a fantastic show at the time. I'm not a huge fan of theirs these days... but I was hoping for a little bit better then that. I'm not going to pile on them though. It wasn't the worst I've seen, nor the best. I think the best one I can remember was U2's super bowl show. But it was the year of 9/11 so it was steeped in emotional content. So I could be biased from that.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Pepsi over Coke. Drink both. Bring it on if you got to. I'm comfortable with my Georgiahood

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:
    I like Pepsi over Coke. Drink both. Bring it on if you got to. I'm comfortable with my Georgiahood

I went from sodas straight to h2o. Man lemme tell ya, that was rough getting off caffeine.