Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anthony Edwards Commits to UGA

DawgFan2008DawgFan2008 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Biggest recruiting get in Basketball in a long while.

Comments

• Options
    LongGoneDawgLongGoneDawg Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

where are the Tom Crean haters now??

• Options
    rrich45rrich45 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome to Bulldog nation Mr Edwards

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to the young man on the field and in the class room! And Congrats to Coach Crean !

• Options
    DawgFan2008DawgFan2008 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Edwards is the highest ranked player to ever commit to Georgia. The Bulldogs' previous top recruit was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who was ranked No. 12 in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

If Tom Crean can grab a recruit or 2 like this every year then he will turn this program around fast.

• Options
    GAFANINTNGAFANINTN Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great job Coach Crean. Welcome to Bulldawg nation Mr. Edwards.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure someone like this will come our way every year or 2, but Kessler the following year might really get the ball rolling.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sweet. Cant wait to crush Tennessee next season in Thompson-Bolling. 🤠🤡

That is what this means, right?

• Options
    Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ant MAn will be recruiting some AAU buddies to come with him!

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

My take based off what I had read about him was potentially a more athletic Harden, and finally seeing highlights, I like that take, and also see a bigger Donovan Mitchell. This is a huge get and it makes it important next year to at least make a jump back to being decent.

I can actually see him being the main ballhandler for the team next year. I don't know if I said it here, but despite that, I'd still look to the grad transfer market to try to get a PG that can be 3/D and penetrate.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats to Crean! This is HUGE!!

• Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There will be skeptics and cynics, of course. But you have to start somewhere. For a program that has only one direction to go.....this is fantastic news. Great job, Coach Crean!

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For those who don't follow prep basketball closely or haven't watched tape yet, Edwards is the REAL DEAL. Already projects as the top pick in the NBA draft for 2020 and just has a beautiful (almost flawless) game. He's going to be so much fun to watch.

And I don't mind the one and done. That's standard today for the best players. Nothing we can do about it. So I plan to enjoy every minute of next season, grateful to see this kid in a Georgia uniform. Thank you Coach Crean.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm shocked at this.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What an actor.....Loved him playing Goose in 'Top Gun.'

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have 2 other ESPN Top 100 kids leaning strongly our way, as well. Next season will be interesting.