Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National ??? Day(s)

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is the most crowded of all the National Days since I started tracking these things. A list:

1. NATIONAL MAKE A FRIEND DAY – never a bad idea. Might we try #1 on this forum? Hmm, I thought so.
  2. NATIONAL INVENTORS’ DAY – Don't know what to say. I've never invented anything except a couple of riffs on my dobro.
  3. NATIONAL CLEAN OUT YOUR COMPUTER DAY –I might try this one. I've got tons of stuff that can be deleted.
  4. NATIONAL WHITE SHIRT DAY/ WHITE T-SHIRT DAY – I used to ALWAYS where white t-shirts. Hardly ever now, even though here in FL a day hardly goes by w./o me wearing a t-shirt.
  5. NATIONAL PEPPERMINT PATTY DAY – Mmmm. I love peppermint patties. Great way to celebrate a good meal.
  6. NATIONAL DON’T CRY OVER SPILLED MILK DAY – My mind went directly to QB2 and how we have obsessed over his departure. It would be great to just let it go and focus on the present/future.
  7. NATIONAL SHUT-IN VISITATION DAY - Our little band enjoys playing for fellow senior citizens at local nursing homes. They love to have something "different" in their days and love company. To me, this would be the best of this bunch of possibilities. Just go and talk to one or more of them, even if for just a half hour or so, Might even run across a Dawg fan or two,

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

#6 without hesitation. I was really worried we were going to need to pull this one out if Edwards had committed to UK.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll second #7. Many here would be amazed at what they can learn from giving just a little time to those who have less of it.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Haven’t made a new friend yet today

working on making a pop up target for the range using a windshield wiper motor

deleted a bunch on nonsense off laptop

wore a long sleeve white shirt in the shop today

not a peppermint patty but had a peppermint

didnt get upset when my son spilled milk this morning like he always does

visited my mother in law in the rehab

done and a productive day

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

1,2 and 5 rolled into 1...

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haven’t made a new friend yet today

working on making a pop up target for the range using a windshield wiper motor

deleted a bunch on nonsense off laptop

wore a long sleeve white shirt in the shop today

not a peppermint patty but had a peppermint

didnt get upset when my son spilled milk this morning like he always does

visited my mother in law in the rehab

done and a productive day

Awesome/