Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I'll say it

DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you use mustard & ketchup on a dog or burger, put the mustard on before the ketchup.

Dawgs on top!

Comments

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Woah! No way bro, on hot dogs its ketchup first on the left, then mustard on the right, then relish (optional) down the middle.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're a dam.n commie if you put anything but mustard and relish on a hotdog

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

relish? gag

acceptable hot dog condiments: chili, cheese, onion, hot sauce, spicy brown mustard

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never could get the ketchup on a dog idea. Why? It seems almost unnatural.

• Options

also, spiral cut your dang hot dog. quit being a heathen

• Options
    bvilledawgbvilledawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mustard, onions, hot sauce. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At least we can all agree that ketchup is a bastardization of nature that doesn't belong anywhere near a hot dog

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meh, the only thing ketchup has going for itself is it's color... I usually just stick with mustard and that's it. If I'm decorating my hotdawg, I'll also add onion, chili and cheese like @tfk_fanboy said.

Oh yeah, I can't stand slaw either.

• Options

assuming the 1982 in your name is your year of birth that makes you a few years older than me, so you might not remember this

but do you remember when their was purple ketchup? maybe heinz made it? i think it came in another atrocious color as well

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spicy brown mustard and chopped onion are a must for any hotdog. But if I’m feeling adventurous add cheddar, wrap it in foil, and bake it, in the bun, for about 10 min.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Yellow mustard on a hotdog. The brats and sausage get spicy brown. Everything else is fair game depending on mood - ketsup, onions, chili, slaw, relish, kraut, cheese, even mayo NEVER heard of hot sauce on a dog Is that a yankee or LA/TX thing?

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod
    edited February 2019

Ketchup mustard and onions on a hotdog is a must......brats is mustard and onions (grilled) anything else is

Un-American

• Options
    brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ketchup mustard and mayo on dogs for me. Don't knock it til you try it!

• Options
    NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree mustard only, or chili cheese diced onion and a line of mustard that’s it.

I’ll say it...is a hotdog a sandwhich? Also going to school in America’s I was introduced to a pink hotdog? Thoughts on that?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I'll say it...

The best hot dog I've ever had in my life was Hula Dog in Hawaii

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate