Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anyone coming to Augusta?

LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Got the first Women’s Amateur championship going on this week at Champions Retreat Golf Course with the final round on Saturday at the Augusta National.

Got the Drive, Chip, and Putt championship next Sunday. This is one of our favorite events to attend.

Practice rounds start next Monday and, of course, the Master’s tunamint starts next Thursday.

Got some concerts, parties, and other live events going on. Always something to do.

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i’ll be working out there

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I live here, so I guess I’ll be here. I have drive, chip and putt tickets as well.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish my wife would let me buy tickets but she always says I’d rather you spend that money on UGA games.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you guys (in Augusta) excited to host the Women's Am, or does it detract from the Masters traditions?

I think it’s a good thing. Doesn’t detract from the Masters at all. First three days are held at Champions Retreat (Nicklaus, Palmer, Player course) down the road, and final round is at the National.

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I live here so I’ll be here. Always an awesome week of events. Haven’t heard much about the major rager but it’s usually really fun. Brand new pro baseball stadium in North Augusta near downtown so there’s gonna be some stuff going on there as well

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

my mom gets tickets every year but i never come. I really need to get back down soon. Won't be this year though

• BigDawg279BigDawg279 Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will be here!  I have some tickets for the Women's Amateur.   It will be interesting to see how that comes off with the first 3 rounds out in Evans and then the final at ANGC.  DCP is more fun to watch on TV because you see more of the coverage and you can't walk the course anyway.  Week of the tourney is always fun here with concerts, parties, etc everywhere you go.  Middle aged, white man's Freeknik.  LOL 

• BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2019

I will be there Wednesday for early practice and par 3 tournament

then playing some golf at Stone Mountain Thursday and Friday.

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was lucky enough to get to play two of the nines at Champions Retreat, Player and Palmer, a few years back and it's a great course. The Palmer nine running along the river was beautiful.

edited April 2019

if any of y’all are out there this week i’ll be picking up trash by the 6 green and 7th tee box all week. green shirt, green satchel, and a trash grabber, you can’t miss me. come say hey.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope you have a blast!! Lived in Augusta for 3 years, but never got the chance to see the Masters, only the course. Who you like to win it?

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Need tickets. Never been want to go.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife’s granddad has gotten 4 weeklong passes every year since the 60s, but I’ve never sniffed one unfortunately. Her uncle rents his house in Westlake for the week to Kevin Plank and the tickets go with it.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We used to go to the practice rounds all of the time.

You could walk up and buy cheap tickets!

went from age 8-14... only a few times since. Would love to go back and take some friends.

We live in the Reynolds Plantation area so we have a ton of traffic for our tiny town.

We shut down our Aiken location for masters because it is d e a d.

i’ll take bubba or kisner anyday. also wouldn’t mind McIlroy, Fleetwoood, or Fowler.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

It's too exclusive for my blood. I'll watch on TV like most everybody else.

You pay $2500.00 or so just for a Thursday badge, then you only see about 6% of the play at best, and usually while trying to see over 10 or 20 people in front of you, no thanks.

It’s more about being at a historic place, even if you’re not into golf. As well as seeing the landscape (crazy what you can do to a golf course with an unlimited budget). Practice rounds are the way to go, or now the Women’s tournament or drive, chip, and putt. They’re much cheaper. Also, a month or so after the tournament you can go to The Masters, Women’s, and DCP websites and enter a lottery to get tickets for next year. Face value (depending on event or day) ranges from about $25-$100/ticket.