Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Burrito Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of my all-time favorite treats. I know many of you make your own, so how about a secret (or not so secret) recipe or two?

It's also National Chicken Cordon Blue Day. I'll take the burrito any day.

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Taco Sombrero local shop here is where I go. Can make them better than the wife or I can

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe this is obvious, but for those who've never done it...

I warm a tortilla in the oven (wrapped in tin foil). Heat up some refried beans. Sauté pulled chicken breast (boil or bake a boneless chicken breast half the usual time- then pull it like pork- then toss in the skillet to finish the job). Use whatever seasons you like for the sauté. Add onions and peppers. I like fresh jalapeños but you can use bell peppers if you prefer. Combine everything together. Add shredded cheese (I use the store bought Mexican 5-blend but you can use cheddar, jack, or whatever.) Roll it up. Add toppings if you like (sour cream, guac, salsa, etc.).

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

just to add to @AnotherDawg 's recipe, and if you prefer chicken, place two boneless chicken breast in a crockpot and cover them with a pack of burrito seasoning. Then cover them with a small jar of picante sauce and cook on low for about 4-5 hours. They will pull apart/shred just like he stated.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt. That is a far better way to do it, if you have the equipment and the time.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't had a decent burrito since Manuel's closed on Baxter.