Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who should win NBA MVP for thisseason ?, who will win it ?..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Giannis should win it. I think it's too close to call as to who will win it between Giannis and Harden.

What I'm looking at is Giannis is great on both offense and defense. More importantly he is doing what only Lebron has done in recent times. He's taken a roster that would probably be a sub-.500 team without him and produced the best record in The NBA. He is a huge difference maker and he's the young player I would choose to build a team around.

Alright, I've been on a thread spree, time to take my truck for service, later all.

Comments

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd give it to Harden, but I'm not sure how good I feel about that. He truly does take over game after game. The question for him is, does he need to?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m almost tempted to add “who cares” but it might sound rude. Don’t mean it to be but the NBA was the first promleague I lost interest in. It’s not even basketball to me.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a lot like @donm. Lost interest in the league some time ago. Hard to see the original game of basketball (the one that I loved, played, and grew up watching) in the traveling, carrying, bumping, grabbing, trash-talking, one-on-one game of today.

With that said, I am amazed at the talent level of the guys who play the game today. It gets better every year and has done so for a few decades. So I can appreciate that aspect of it.

No idea who *will* win MVP, but my vote for *should* is definitely Giannis. That guy is fun to watch. Unbelievable what he can do. And he makes everyone around him better.

Harden, to me, is a joke.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NBA was actually very good till the past few seasons. Now every team tries to be Golden State but very few can play defense while running these motion offenses. So scoring has exploded and defenses suc, The Hawks defense being the worst of them all.

• ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Giannis, putting his team on his back on Thursday, and carrying them to a victory on national television sealed up the MVP for him, in my opinion.

Giannis has been the best player on the team with the best record all season. I think Harden is going to fall a little short because voters don’t like to give out back to back MVPs unless they are all time greats, and the Rockets the first month of the season were a disaster.

Maybe if Harden goes off for 50 plus these last 2-3 games and the Rockets sneak into the 2 seed in the west. That is Harden’s only road to the MVP at this point.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Compare The Bucks' roster to The Rockets' roster. Giannis doesn't have the supporting players Harden does. As I mentioned before, only Lebron has taken sub 500 rosters and made them title contenders in this century till Giannis did it this year. He is also a more complete, more efficient player than Harden is. Personally I'd have it 1. Giannis 2. Westbrook. 3. Lebron 4. Harden.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Used to love watching the Hawks many years ago when BB was a team sport. Now that the players are only interested in padding their stats so they can hold out for more money, I could care less. Haven’t watched a game in years.