Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Okay...what did Mike Griffith say that got people riled up?

LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Saw on Twitter where some people were calling Mike out about something he said that involved a player’s mom? Was this written or on the podcast?

You know, nowadays I’ve learned that society tends to be too touchy and sensitive. Things get said and someone either takes it the wrong way, or twists it.

No idea what was said/written, but I’m going to reserve judgment until I read/hear it myself. That’s the fair thing to do.

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I think I heard him mention something on DN Daily...

I think it was in connection to the beal/Cox thing

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was JJ Holloman's mom.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know, Florida and Georgia can kick players off their team and then Auburn will take them... I think Auburn may top the list

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

College kids smoke pot ?

Say it isn't so !!!

The football players are held to a higher ( pardon the pun ) standard but trust me most if not all of them are doing it.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Without posting exactly what was said, a lot of this is speculation and could be taken out of context.

• LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think AnotherDawg is right...there is underlying cultural tension around things like this. Like there’s a lack of “understanding” because smoking pot is more a less a given from where “they” are from. Doesn’t make sense to me, mainly because....aw, you know what? This is much too involved a topic to be hashed into on a site that’s supposed to be enjoyable.

Maybe for another time or place. I know one thing...I’d kick my son’s tail for endangering his free ride thru college, especially doing something he KNOWS is against the law.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So back to mom's tweet. Mike reported it, was not his tweet. Do we blame Mike? Well, he has choices as to what he reports. But adhering to Mom's tweet could be best for all. Lots of top tier players want in at UGA. Neither player nor UGA needs the bad looks.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very well said. When I first saw the tweet I was surprised. I don't know if she was frustrated or what when she sent that tweet out. She stated she had been calling the ACCPD about why that amount of pot was an arrestable offense and not just a citation. She couldn't get anyone to talk to her about it. My opinion is that caused her frustration and then the tweet.

Usually her tweets are very uplifting, encouraging, and supportive of UGA and the athletes.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something I don't understand. We spent YEARS telling everyone how bad cigarettes are for them, millions of $ trying to get them to quit, sued every cigarette company that ever did business, but we want to legalize marijuana.

Am I the only one that sees the irony?

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can’t understand how elite athletes stay elite by smoking weed. One thing for recreational use by others but another when you are training to be the best with endurance.