Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Chipper Towers

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Ive never attacked you for doing your job, such as reporting arrests. I simply point out the substandard work. A poll on twitter is a lazy and terribly inaccurate way to take a sampling. Your participation is going to be slanted towards young non- season ticket holders/non-donors. .

if you want to keep it up with the tough guy talk about anonymity then I’ll continue pointing out your bad works when appropriate. Don’t feed the trolls

This is the nature of the job you have chosen- writing for a message board. Anonymity isnt going to change. Crying about it only draws more attention to yourself.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options

You opening this up to politics? Sometimes when I’m worried I might be wrong it feels like someone is yelling, when they are really just clarifying the lie someone else told.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope you’re not referring to Trump. Dude has been fact checked multiple times, and he lies all the time.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Fact checked." LOL.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Let's not sway this off topic more than it has been. My finger is getting the twitch....

• Options

If you're sitting with Kasey in the mod cave, just lean over and tell him that.

• Options

Over a real counter if you’re going to do that. He lies all the time. Prove me wrong.

• Options
  • Options

I am merciful @AnotherDawg , and you’re good people even if I disagree with you sometimes, so I forgive you.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Yes and no. Being a little snarky and poking the bear a little.

I like Chip Towers

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"A poll on twitter is a lazy and terribly inaccurate way to take a sampling. Your participation is going to be slanted towards young non- season ticket holders/non-donors. "

Really?

You're saying that going to Clemson and talking to Dabo Swinney in an exclusive interview, asking him about his scheduling philosophy, and then asking him specifically about Georgia, and then doing a story on that -- when he said he thought Clemson should play UGA every year -- ,and then following up with a poll on that very topic, and then writing about the results and including comments from fans about what they think about the Clemson and Georgia Tech rivalries is "lazy?"

Wow!

• Options

There are aheep, and then there are sheeple How do you prove a negative?

After the State of the Union, a New York Times fact-checker of Trump's State of the Union speech tweeted: “President Trump described illegal border crossings as a 'urgent national crisis.' This is false”

The New York Time just begrudgingly described the border as being at the “breaking point” Who lied?

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

"Illegal border crossings have been declining for nearly two decades. In 2017, border-crossing apprehensions were at their lowest point since 1971.

Undetected illegal border crossings have dropped at an even faster rate, from 851,000 in 2006 to approximately 62,000 in 2016, according to estimates by the Department of Homeland Security.

However, there is one group of migrants that is on the rise: families. A record number of families have tried to cross the border in recent months, overwhelming officials at the border and creating a new kind of humanitarian crisis."

This is from the New York Times back in January. They explicitly differentiate the family humanitarian crisis at the border from the made up crisis Trump is referring to when he says "we can't have people pouring into our country like they have over the last 10 years." I don't know how they can begrudgingly accept something they had already reported months prior.

Graph of arrests at the border didn't paste properly but can't get rid of it. @Bankwalker

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on man... 100k each month. That's a small city every single month. There is probably nothing else right now more dangerous to our long term then illegal immigration. Nothing good can come of it, and a lot of bad can.

If you take to much of any medicine, it becomes a poison. We all need water to live, but to much and you drown. To much of anything good becomes bad. It's absurd what has been allowed for so long. It's cheating, it's cutting, it's wrong.

I don't care what the mods do, I'll argue against what's been allowed with illegals every single day.

This discussion has been closed.