Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Lyric/Song Phrase You Like (To See)

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m the one who knocks - Walter White.

Its Jooosey Whales

How many people have you shot? Shot or killed? True grit

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jackson Browne

"I'm going to find myself a girl

Who can show me what laughter means

And we'll fill in the missing colors

In each other's paint-by-number dreams

And then we'll put our dark glasses on

And we'll make love until our strength is gone

And when the morning light comes streaming in

We'll get up and do it again

Get it up again"

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Forever Young - Bob Dylan

May God bless and keep you always, May your wishes all come true. May you always do for others, and let others do for you.

May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth, and see the lights surrounding you.

May you always be courageous. May you stand up straight and strong. May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy. May your feet always be swift. May you have a strong foundation when the winds begin to shift.

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung. And may you stay.. forever young.

Yep, it's me.

Sometimes I'm serious.

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2019

"Smoke weed everyday" Snoop Dog I think its Next Episode idk

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

you get what you put in, and people get what they deserve -Kid Rock in his song Only God Knows Why

Also a quote by whiskey myers. "Home is a sacred ground, not just a plot of land, but rather a cornerstone of identity worth dying for"

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just about any of the songs written by Ronnie Van Zant, especially “Simple Man”

John Hiatt’s “Have A Little Faith In Me”

The Pilgram - Kris Kristofferson

He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction.

Takin' every wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kristofferson was one of the best with a phrase.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bumping this thread because it's a great idea and there are still a lot of weeks/months until we get to football season.

Most posts so far have focused on lyrics but there are plenty of book/film quotes to source from. (I was an English major and a big fan of Faulkner and Hemingway. So much good stuff.)

But in honor of the final season of Game of Thrones, which kicked off last night to a reported one billion viewers, I thought I would quote the best line from the best character in the show: Tyrion Lannister (played by the dwarf, and one of our greatest living actors, Peter Dinklage).

“That’s what I do: I drink, and I know things.”

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From the movie “Animal House”: “Face it Flounder you xxxxed up, you trusted us.”

That's so good.

You could cut and paste the entire script for Animal House and every line would qualify as HOF worthy.

edited April 2019

What gives @FirePlugDawg?

This line is in your OP, "To See: Elsewhere I saw this: "I may not be true, but it was Hollywood." Had to do with a plot line in a movie which may or may not be factual."

AND, there are a handful of TV/film quotes already in the thread that you didn't mark as OT.

So I don't know what's going on.

-------

Also, this is the thanks I get for rescuing your thread from Page 4?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I think this can morph into favorite/most memorable song, but book/film dialog - nah! That should have its own OP. I'll do it if requested. If so, then you're okay with book and film under one OP?

As to most meaningful/moving/favorite song, ONE of them is Mary Wells' You Beat Me to The Punch. Co-written by Smokey Robinson. Motown of course.

This says My Guy - another good song - but will go to YBMTTP:

Another is Barbara Lewis' Hello Stranger.

And the great Otis Redding and Carla Thomas' ****

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For long you live and high you fly 

And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 

And all you touch and all you see 

Is all your life will ever be

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I took my GPZ out for a ride, the engine felt good between my thighs.

The air felt cool, it's was forty degrees outside...

...They was arguing about football as I waved and went outside and I headed for the mountains feeling warm inside.

I love that GPZ so much, you know that I could kiss her.

--Lou Reed, "New Sensations"

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate