Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

20 Innings

swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

20 inning game jeez. Game was 2-2 when I left for work at 10 PM. I certainly never played in one that long

Congrats to UGA for hanging in there and pulling out the W.

Really hoping they make it to the CWS this year.

Comments

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I went to bed in the 19th around 1:00 am. Could barely keep my eyes open. Happy they got the dub and wish I had stayed up just a little longer to see it. Congrats Diamond Dawgs!

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After the Braves blew it last night glad to hear that the Dawgs hung in there for the W

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope a mid-week game that long doesn't have a hang over going into the weekend series with Mizzou. The Tigers have been hot lately, although most of their big wins have come at home and I believe this series is in Athens.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@swilkerson73 I hope so as well. My biggest concern is how will the bats respond come tournament time. We need our pitching to continue their excellence and to keep getting timely hitting.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Stricklin would've gone with the dual-threat pitchers the game would've been over sooner, right? Our pitchers were just standing their like a Jake Fromm statue!

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Students started showing up around 11 last night. The crowd was rocking after midnight, and it was an amazing win. Dawgs need more offense, but our pitching and defense are great.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

agree and if we could have had a couple of 310lb type guys out there it might have been over by the 7th inning.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should've kept the offense going late in the game. We lacked the killer instinct.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Congrats to the Diamond Dawgs!

Interesting article about the longest professional baseball game ever that went 33 innings. Wade Boggs and Cal Ripken both played in the game.

I worked for a professional baseball team at the time and when I turned the ticker tape machine on the next Sunday morning in the press box, all of the innings started printing out. At first I thought the machine had gone haywire. Should have kept that tape now that I think about it.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Yea and if Jake Fromm was pitching he would've lost it for us much sooner!

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol I love the details and philosophy of different "baseball guys", but that game was literally like watching paint dry. Our pitching is as good as any team in the country from top to bottom; no question. N they have faced some ridiculously nasty guys that'll be n the show in 3-4 yrs (@ UTjr and CU.) But if this teams gonna make it to Omaha, they HAVE to find ways to manufacture more runs. Bunt for hits, hit n run, anything.. It's safe to say for the most part that if u give this staff and Kristofak, Moody, Glover, Pasqua, (Webb when healthy), Wilcox and Shunk 5 runs; we should win 9 out of 10.

Cam will heat up eventually. It's REALLY hurting not having him n the leadoff spot. But his OBP is actually really good. Walked nearly 30 times this year. Good day's are ahead though. Gotta be VERY careful against Mizzou this wknd though. Scrappy team, and our bullpen is wore out for the most part. I think Wilcox will close game 1 bcuz Shunk threw 3 innings last night. Then Shunk should be ready for Friday and Saturday. Go DAWGS!