Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ticking time bomb is a phrase used to describe old, unused prescriptions hanging around in our medicine cabinets. Take this opportunity to rid your cabinet of any unnecessary drugs today. Scary interesting factoid: 70% of opiod addictions begin with unused meds from one's own medicine cabinet. Do the smart thing.

In a related health moment, it's also National Garlic Day. Being raised in an Italian household, i unknowingly grew to love this little bulb...use it a lot in almost any dish I cook these days. Enjoy! Any other garlic lovers out there. One of my favorites is spaghetti cooked in olive oil with sauted garlic. Can always add chicken or tuna when needed.

Comments

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm -- I'm love garlic as well. Roasted broccoli and garlic is one of my daughter's favorite foods. I just discovered green olives stuffed with garlic. If you haven't tried it yet, you should.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

"70% of opioid addictions begin with unused meds from one's own medicine cabinet"

That sounds real sketchy to me... I doubt that is accurate the way it's stated.

That said, cleaning you med cabinet is definitely a must from time to time. It always amazes me just how much junk builds up in it. PSA, your med cabinet needs to be in you kitchen and NOT your bathroom. Heat and humidity from a bathroom will destroy your stash quickly.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, no can do. I operate on the theory I might need some of that stuff once the apocalypse comes.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RX,

it was stated the way I wrote it...which has no bearing on it's accuracy or sketchiness. Didn't really want to try and read a bunch of research. Much easier to pass on possibly inaccurate information. Plus, I was eager to get on to the garlic. 😉

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For those who will clean out the dreaded medicine cabinet just remember to dispose of the meds properly. If you aren't sure how to get rid of them contact your local pharmacy. One thing I do if the meds the doctor prescribe us doesn't work or we have a reaction to the meds, such as insulin in the pens, give the unused pens to your doctor so she can pass them along to a patient who can't afford to buy them.

Or you know, send them to WC.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not accusing you. I see a LOT of misleading stats being tossed out by various official mouthpieces. A piece of the picture is not the whole picture. All kinds of folks use misleading stats in order to push agendas. This is certainly not limited to medicine.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Is your mailing address still USP Florence ADMAX Florence, Colorado?