Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Earth Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Started in 1969, Earth Day celebrates it's 50th anniversary today. Regardless of one's stance on climate change/global warming, it's a day one can do something, however small, to help our planet. Toss something into a recycling bin or turn off a light at home if it's not in use. Are there any on this forum that actively do things to aid the planet?

It's also National Jelly Bean Day.

National Jelly Bean Day is observed each year on April 22. 

While candies made in a similar manner existed before the jelly bean, Boston confectioner William Schrafft made them popular during the Civil War. With their firm exterior, jelly beans were the first candies to be sold by the pound. Schrafft encouraged his customers to send them to Union soldiers.

During the 1930s, jelly beans became closely associated with the Easter holiday but are now enjoyed year round. Jelly Beans were Ronald Reagan’s favorite treat.  

What's your favorite color? I love the green ones and the black ones.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Gravity is a myth, The Earth just sucs. Seriously though, happy 4.5 billionth and change birthday 3rd rock, and may you have many more. You started with a big bang and just kept getting better from there.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm more partial to National Jelly Bean Day...yum!

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yay earth, my favorite planet

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TNDawg, Earth is pretty cool, but Pluto being a dwarf makes it interesting, like that little guy on Game Of Thrones.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pluto is a full blown planet and I refuse to recognize otherwise.