Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Natonal Almost Everything/Anything Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is an example of how tough a job it is to provide a National Day. There were so many choices it was nigh impossible to find the most meaningful one.

NATIONAL PRETZEL DAY – who doesn't love a good hot, ballpark pretzel with mustard?

NATIONAL ARBOR DAY – I'm all in favor of planting and hugging trees.

NATIONAL KIDS AND PETS DAY – would have to be a major grump to not love kids and pets

NATIONAL HAIRBALL AWARENESS DAY – hmm.

NATIONAL AUDUBON DAY – what are your feelings?

NATIONAL HELP A HORSE DAY – there is a horse pet rescue place down the road from me in Ocala. Great work.

NATIONAL RICHTER SCALE DAY – Here's hoping the Dawgs can cause some rumblings this coming season

NATIONAL DISSERTATION DAY – Already wrote one. No desire to repeat the process

NATIONAL SOUTH DAKOTA DAY - well at least they can celebrate not being North Dakota.

Do any of these tickle your National Day meter?

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Or in my home, cocaine, bourbon and coconut cake day.

There's actually some solid days mixed in your list. Arbor Day, Audubon Day and Kids and pets day are biggies. Of course Hair ball day is top of the heap.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should be a National SOFT Pretzel Day - SP worth the calories, infrequently.

Some BOGO deals on pretzels;

Other:

Audubon killed the birds to paint them (at least some).

Arbor day likely gets the most mentions. Good cause (trees) but the national org. isn't tax exempt as far as I can determine.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FirePLug. The Audubon Society has probably done more than any organization in history to protect water fowl habitat, by all means follow the conservative pattern of trashing all ''do gooders'' though.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WC The Day has nothing to do with the NAS.

Now here is your chance to burst all expectations and just bow out. Walk away. Just walk away.