Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Zipper Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting history for the common zipper. Started with Elias Howe, inventor of the sewing machine back in 1851 and patented in current form in by Swedish immigrant Gideon Sundback in 1917. No known applications that might help with Dan Mullen's mouth though.

It's also National Shrimp Scampi Day. Shrimp cooked in butter, garlic, lemon juice and white wine. Here's a recipe if you get the urge.

Shrimp Scampi recipe.

Comments

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Industrial strength Velcro might contain Mullet?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the words of Lt. Frank Drebin of Police Squad. ''Let's go out there and win one for The Zipper'''

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Airplane!: "Doc," he said, "some time when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure." Leslie Nielsen played Doc.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My bad FPD. right actor, director and producers though.