Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida delusional?

scodawgscodawg Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Heard on a Sirius xm today they had a guy on who has a talk show in Gainesville forget his name,Bobby ,Billy something like that he said the reason the rivalry has grown of late is because Ga fans are scared Fla is catching up. Are they really that arrogant?

Comments

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has the rivalry grown? Seems about as it ever has. But they did improve last year....I don’t doubt we’ll Kirb stomp them this year, but they have improved.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol, how many 5 star players does Florida have on their roster? Zero would be the answer. Explain how they are catching up?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2018 UF had 2 5* stars on their roster, Martez Ivey and Cece Jefferson. Both have left with as of yesterday neither having been drafted nor signed a UDFA contract. No further comment needed! 😂

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Offensive line on both teams will determine the game.

Ours is (imo, and many others) is the best in the nation, while theirs is mediocre at best.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope you're right. Their OL WAS mediocre but will be worse in 2019 as will their defense after some key losses to their run defense.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

We don’t know yet. It’s certainly an unproven line with little experience. I’m not underestimating them bc for some reason they really believe in themselves

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UF Looked awful in certain games last year and they are proud of their season.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You should remove the question mark from your post title.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Catching up meaning going from not bowl eligible to bowl eligible. Yes, they are catching up. Good for them. It’s no fun beating up weaklings.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may be wrong but I thought I remembered Florida laying an egg against Missouri and losing badly to them after playing us and then winning a nail biter against Carolina. That would make them 1-2 over those 3 games, not 2-1.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Their fans are dying to be back. Last year I was on St George Island for Labor Day weekend, which was the Gator opener. You should have heard all of the jorts/tank top wearers yelling “We’re back , baby” when they scored a TD with the jump pass they remember from Tebow. They were all hugging and squealing, and it was clear they were celebrating the way they scored more than just the TD. It was rather amusing to see them joyously grasping at straws.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I kinda admire a good team made up of three star players, very well coached, etc. Unless that team is Florida; then they s u c k and I h a t e them.

Florida is way behind the curve we're riding, but that doesn't negate the usual caveat: On any given Saturday...

No matter how much better our players might look on paper or how much worse, losing is always an option for either team unless they do everything right and have a modicum of luck.

We haven't won anything yet! Just like Florida fans we sound like fools when we act like we have (not that that stops any of us, including me, from enjoying being the Offseason National Champs).

Go, Dawgs!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doesn't matter what Cousin Eddie or anyone else says. Sad they feel like they have to play mind games to beat us. The days of Florida getting in our heads are OVER. When our players line up against theirs--our execution, talent and depth will win the day. Remember--being chippy and overconfident doesn't win games. And wishing so hard to win that you look like a fool won't get it either.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They are probably getting better. But them getting better, does not mean they are catching up. We are getting better too, but at a faster pace than Florida. I think the gap is growing.