Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What If Zion Returned to Duke?

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand he’s not happy with Nola. This could get interesting

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does he not have an agent ?

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He hasn't signed an agent or a shoe deal. So it's possible...

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pels should pack up and move to Seattle if that happens.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a strange turn of events Zion withdraws from Duke and refuses to sign with N.O. The Hawks then hold public try-outs and Williamson shows up wanting to play for his dream-team in Atlanta. Hawks get Williamson by back door circumventing the draft and still get their 8/10 picks.

Maybe it will happen :)

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NBA still owes Atlanta from when they denied the Hawks Dr. J

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They'd probably how to outlaw the Dunk in College basketball again. 😂😂😂

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly, for the sake of chaos and the unexpected, I would absolutely LOVE this lol.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish Zion Williamson would tell Nola they have until May 28th to trade his rights to Atlanta or he will withdraw his name. I can’t think of a worse place to be as a single NBA player. The single women remaining in the NOLA gene pool - ugh.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Put yourself in his shoes (which, by the way he will be paid a fortune to wear), he should take the huge contract that comes with being the #1 pick, and then in a few years are, go wherever he wants.

Going back to Duke, under these circumstances, would be a dumb move and could even be disastrous if he is injured.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

And how much is a Duke education really worth anyway?

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Personally, I think the real question is “Why is there an NBA franchise in NOLA in the first place?”

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he didn’t earn many hours this semester he might not be eligible for a minute?

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn’t want to live in NO either.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shut up. Sac is not that bad. Well, I guess it grows on you.