Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Pick Your Personal Favorite National Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A long list of options today. Pick your own. Mine is National Do Something Good For Your Neighbor Day. Some good friends of mine just moved to Tucson, AZ and some a young family, with 3 kids 1. 2 and 4 moved in. I'll find something nice to do for them today.

Pick Your Personal Favorite National Day 9 votes

| NATIONAL LOVE A TREE DAY
11%
SouthGA_Dawg 1 vote
NATIONAL DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR DAY
66%
donmmattmd2insertusernameherePeachCoDawgCatfishCTDawg 6 votes
NATIONAL SEA **** DAY
22%
RobbieRob14RxDawg 2 votes
NATIONAL PIERCING DAY
0%
NATIONAL COQUILLES SAINT JACQUES DAY
0%
NATIONAL BIOGRAPHER’S DAY
0%
HONOR OUR LGBT ELDERS
0%

Comments

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ever since I moved up to Connecticut we haven't really known our neighbors that well. The folks on one side are hardly ever home, and the folks on the other side seem very nice, but I keep accidentally hitting tennis balls into their yard when I play with my dogs. So maybe I'll stop hitting tennis balls into their yard as my "do something good" act of the day.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since my husband and I have gotten into planting fruit trees, I'm going with the love a tree day.

Now if we can just keep them alive.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This was the only option that made any sense whatsoever lol.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Depends on what fruit and where you live. You seem very interested in their well being so I don't think you'd neglect them, but be careful. Sometimes over care for a plant/tree can be just as bad as neglect. Good luck!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One is National Sea Mon~key Day - special variety of brine shrimp.

As for me, too many compelling choices for me to pick just one.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is there a Give WCDawg all Your Money Day ? If not maybe the old gay thingy.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

not sure why mon.key got blocked. Odd.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

WC running ransomware. Now give him all of your money.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right now we have two Anna apple trees, one Dorcet Golden apple, we're looking for a second bigger Dorcet. While we were looking for the second Golden we found a Centurian peach tree.

We live a little north of Athens and I'm thinking about asking the county extension agent to come out to give us advice and test the soil. Hopefully that will point us in the right direction.