Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr died Sunday at the age of 85

DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
Tagged:

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Read a book about him when I was about 10. First real football inspiration I had.

RIP

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He won’t have to play in any freezing weather again! RIP

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I was a kid, I got his rookie card with a piece of gum. Wish I still had the card.

also, saw him walking through ATL airport many years ago. His Super Bowl ring was huge.

Good man, RIP.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember him being interviewed after a big win. The reporter was trying to drill down into Green Bay strategy. Bart was evasive but polite answering 'That's about right....blah blah blah'. At the end Bart commented to the reporter 'you are trying to give away our strategy...'. Just struck this young kid about being diplomatic and handling the interview well.

• destindawg1destindawg1 Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was lucky enough to accompany a group from Destin to a Green Bay home game and play in the alumni golf tournament they have every year. This was the last year they won the Super Bowl so I guess 2010. Although Mr Starr couldn't swing a club he rode along with our foursome 18 holes so I got to get to know him over those 4 or 5 hours. Extremely kind and generous, if you look up gentleman in the dictionary you see his picture. Easily one of the top 5 experiences in my life.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

RIP Mr. Bart Starr

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

RIP. The icons from my boyhood are dying off.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate