Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Bubba Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this started out as a way to celbrate a brother...Bubba was often used as a nickname for a brother...but has grown to include good friends. In the South we've seen it extended to include mean country folk as well. Whatever the meaning, salud to brothers of all kinds...familial or other.

It's also Natonal Cancer Survivor Day. Hats off to all who have beaten this disease. Bless the day it's gone forever.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's about time Watson got his own day, what took so long ?

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My younger brother of about 20 years has always called me Bubba.

My wife is breast cancer survivor!

I'll celebrate both

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve called my uncle Bubba as long as I can remember

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always appreciated the Bubba across the street who had a boat and use to take me fishing. I was not old enough to drive I don't think. In some parts people are inclined to think of Billy Carter or President Clinton.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife and daughter calls my son bubba and can’t stand it.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First and foremost @orlando dam right you don’t quit! Fight you’re @$$ off!!!! If you don’t survive cancer you don’t lose you win the battle because you meet the father if you believe! None of us survive this world forever!

my sister couldn’t say brother when she was little so I’ve been bubba literally all my life. I’m 31 now and she’s having her first children and she calls me uncle bubba and says her girls will also call me uncle bubba.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s right big dawg, man upstairs hasn’t called my name yet. I think there’s a reason but I don’t know what it is yet. Maybe so I can get down to Athens one more time, lol.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He always has a reason brother, ALWAYS! Praying for continued strength as you fight! I can’t say it better than Jimmy V so I won’t. Maybe the big man wants you to see that national championship we’re about to win?😉