Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

PLEASE HELP!!! How to watch the 2019 DAWGS, without spending BANK??

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Longtime, lifetime DAWGFAN out here in San Diego, California. Four little kids, wife, family dog, & Myself, all love watching those Georgia Bulldogs on TV. Problem is that it has gotten pretty d a n g ed expensive to do so. The Networks that seem to have it all covered are CBS Sports, ESPN (which includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, & ESPNU), along with the SEC Network too. I simply do not want any more low, easy month payments of $299999999999!!!! I am not knowing how to go about it without paying for DirectTV, Cox Cable, etc, etc, etc for a "BUNDLE" and I am looking for any help y'all may have???? PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you in advance for any ideas y'all might have that work. PS I do not want to take my kids to a bar either. LOL

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Check out Hulu live TV and see if that will work for you

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can get SlingTV for about $50/mo. which will have all the ESPNs and SEC Network, but it doesn't come with CBS. If you have a Smart TV, you can download the CBS app on your TV and pay something like $10/mo. So, for a total TV/streaming bill of around $60/mo. you can have access to everything you should need.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also checkout YouTube TV as well. I think they cover most, if not all, those channels as well.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

“Dad, you wouldn’t deny these faces the pleasure of watching the Dawgs, would you?”

Wife and I currently use Hulu live. We did use Sling, but switched to Hulu, and we like it better so far. We use a digital antenna for when the Dawgs are on CBS.

We pay around $115 monthly when you factor in the Hulu and internet.

It’s worked plenty fine for us. My wife’s a Carolina fan, and she gets to see most of their games as well.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mobdro works too. You'll have to read how to download it to your streaming device, but it works and is free. Just doesn't work quite as well as a paid service. Has all the ESPNs and SEC Network, not CBS. You can also find the UFC Pay per Views if you're into such things.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

100% agree that’s what I do too. I got the streams out in Indonesia last year

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YouTube TV but wait til August to subscribe bc usually the first 3 months are free. By then the season is almost over. Pay for a month, cancel and repeat next season.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have directv now and it’s a similar product. Only issue that I didn’t think of when I signed up is the bandwidth requirement. I had gigabit speeds already for my internet but streaming is really taxing on the internet speeds and some ISP providers will slow your speed down if you go over a terabyte of usage (which seems wrong imo). Just something for folks to think about before signing up for a streaming service, but if I had to rate directv now I’d give it an 8.5.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I stream through reddit when I'm not at a sports bar or friend's place.

Can be a tad laggy for big games, but otherwise very decent picture quality. Oh, and it's free.

reddit.com/r/cfbstreams

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tell one of the people you see drinking beer at Sanford that you need a grant.

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

YouTube TV is incredible, $40 a month, if your a little techy you can download a GPS spoofer on your phone and watch networks in any region. Also they allow 6 members per account so can get friends to help pay. If course the CBS games are available for free on CBS sports website, that'll get you Auburn and Florida games plus a few more most years.

Edit: some of the ideas in this message may be illegal, sketchy, or prosecutable by incredibly bored FBI agents in your area.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

I use reddit/cfbstreams. Takes a few minutes to find a good stream but I was able to watch all the games last year while in Germany

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sling was just 30 or 35 a month for the ESPN package when I had it a couple of years ago.

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have this exact setup. The great thing is you can change the subscription or cancel it once the season ends. You get the orange package and add the sports extra package and it’s 40 dollars, get the cbs sports app and your covered. No contract required.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I also have Chromecast which for a one-time cost of around $35-50 you can cast your computer to the TV. If you can get anything on-line you can cast it to the TV to watch.

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, leaving in Germany, I used a DNS service and Hulu Live but ESPN recently stopped working so I need to figure something out for this upcoming season. For the games that start later, it's nice to be able to record them and watch them Sunday instead of waking up at 2am....

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

PlayStation Vue is month to month so you can start a premium channel lineup with SEC network and everything then after football season cancel it. It’s still around $45-$50 a month and you don’t have to have a PlayStation for it.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I use Reddit to watch every sports game I can't find on my TV or phone apps

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you have a good friend or relative back in Ga. who has a pretty good cable package and a cable box in a spare bedroom, you could buy a $50 used slingbox on Ebay and have them hook it up. You could then watch and control that cable box from anywhere in the world for free. These have been around for years Reliable and no monthly charge. Run a HDMI cable from your laptop to your TV and you"re in business.