Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Touch Choice For National Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seeral really good choices today. I'm going with National Safe Day. This is a day ti make sure fierarms in the home are safely stored and that kids are educated about the dangers of firerarms and instructed in their safe handling. We can also make sure that homes where our children visit have safe firearm storage. Kids are curious by nature so let's be SAFE.

It's also National Old Maid day. This refers to women who have gone childless during their lives. Also called spinsters, these are often professional women who have opted for careers outside the home. These careers often involve helping others as well as other meaningful careers. Hat's off to them.

It's also National Cheese Day. So many cheeses to enjoy and so little time. What's your favorite cheese? Your favorite "exotic" cheese?

Finally, it's national Cognac Day. I didn't know all the requirements for a liqour to be called brandy. From a certain type of grape to a double distilling in copper pots, it's quite a process. I've always enjoyed Grand Marnier. Do you have a favorite brandy you enjoy, say after a big victory on Saturday afternoon? When else might you enjoy a good brandy?

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cheese - Particularly like a good aged English Cheddar, Brie and Boursin.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grand Marnier, one part of a B52. Kahlua, Baileys. BOOM!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I love cheese. I'm like a mouse I'll put it on almost everything

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cheese, not even close, gun safety should be 365 days of the year