Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Guilty Pleasure Song

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Which song do you love, but feel ashamed for loving it?

I have zero guilty pleasure songs. I feel no guilt about the music I love. But what about you?

Let's get an off topic thread going while we await good news at the end of this weekend...

Comments

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shake It Off by TSwift

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Rosanna by Toto 
  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MMMbop by Hanson.... don't judge me

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll have to think about that one. Probably some earworm pop song.

Going to college in SC in the 90s was rather classic for music that people were really into and then dropped like a bad habit. Everyone had stories about seeing Hootie and the Blowfish in bars in Columbia or Charleston before they got big. Then a few years later..not so much.

Then this girl I was hot on from Greenville who knew Edwin McCain(her cousin was in the band) and he had his brief cup of coffee at being famous including Letterman appearance just then so I had to hear an assful about that lol. Surprisingly, those years DID not directly coincide with the Spurrier years of SC randomly producing guys like Lattimore and Clowney so I guess the state had a couple of recent nationally relevant periods.

AND I knew a guy from Tallahassee who knew people who knew Creed before they got big that was gonna get us really good seats...I'm pretty glad I didn't buy into that one.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Love Hanson. They’ve made a good career for themselves

I don't see anything mentioned so far that's worthy of shame.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    I also enjoy Edwin Mccain’s First album 

What's y'all's best concert/live music experience?

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Been to a lot of concerts, Metallica after the black album probably the best. No opening band just 3 hours of kick azz shredding. 
  • UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Guilty pleasure song for me is NSync-Bye Bye Bye.  Love that song.

Oh no man...no judgement..but..

All kidding aside I don't like the song but I will fully admit that it can burrow into your head.

I'm not even a big Metallica fan but I fully believe ya that was a great show. Btw, anyone else have quotes and other inserted stuff just popping up wherever they want as opposed to maybe where the cursor is and staying there in a post draft?

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I went and saw Metallica in 96 or 97 at the Lakewood Amphitheater.  Absolutely fantastic concert.

LOL, Good ole Lakewood. I remember standing in line on Saturday mornings outside of a Turtle's records to get actual paper tickets from Ticketmaster.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    No doubt 4Life. Caught them opening for Ozzie in 86 and even though James had a cast on his arm from a skateboard fall, it was awesome and very cool to see Cliff before his death.
  • texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,572 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Sky rockets at night - afternoon delight

Muskrat love
  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kid Rock for me as far as large concerts. I typically enjoy smaller shows more and Aaron Lewis playing the guitar while sitting on a bar stool was an amazing experience

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Word Up. The original version by Cameo, just a killer song but nothing like my usual taste.