Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Complaints with Dawg Nation Daily

Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is anyone having problems listening to Dawg Nation Daily? I can only listen for about 45 seconds and then it starts "dragging" like an old cassette tape that was messed up. I've tried it in podcast and sound cloud and it does it both ways. Very frustrating especially after rebooting and listening to one of the hundreds of commercials that BA hawks. Speaking of all of the advertisements I would gladly pay a fee so I could just get the content and not have to hear how great Kroger's is or about some pizza ( who isn't even in my area) place or any of the other commercials. Last complaint, why can't we get DND at a regular time any more? Is BA stretching himself to thin? Some days it's around one, or three and then the next day it's at 8 in the evening. Would much prefer getting it at the same time every day. If I can't figure out why I can't listen to a podcast without it dragging then I probably won't be listening anymore anyway. Don't know if it's on my end or their end but I wish I could get it straightened out because in spite of my complaints, BA is worth listening to and comes up with some interesting programs from time to time.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    How do you normally listen to it?
  • DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

'it starts "dragging" like an old cassette tape'

This refers to sound quality or show content?

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    If you listen via SoundCloud it’s pretty consistent and the quality is good. I just downloaded the app and subscribed to DND. 
  • Racin_JasonRacin_Jason Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you use sound cloud from a mobile device and more specifically a browser window rather than the app itself when the screen goes to sleep it pauses. I sometimes have issues watching or listening to it live on facebook mainly because my phone internet isn't the best when I am at work **** ATL skyscapers...

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you listen to it on podcast there’s a skip 15 seconds button that is quite nice for ads.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've tried both podcast and sound cloud listening on my phone and they both do the same thing. Thanks for the help.

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Try apple podcasts app .... it works great from there ,

my beef is the inconsistency in posting the podcast to any site including this one .... sometimes it’s posted every afternoon .... then skips a day or two

on apple podcasts not always on there either

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haven't had any problems on Soundcloud... Maybe upgrade your phone?

• Racin_JasonRacin_Jason Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am all for the ad's as I would prefer the "free" content. Let the sponsors pay for the content so this site can continue to grow. I want more sponsors for Dawgnation like Chick-Fil-a., Coke and Home Depot. My only compliant about the sponsors is they should do Dawgnation specific deals like Marcos Pizza should do $5.00 off for Dawg fans or something every so often. I want this site to stay in business forever. I want it to become the number one authoritative space for all Dawg fans which I think it already is. I don't check in other college programs to see what kind new coverage they have that covers their programs. But I have to imagine there is not many if any other programs that have a site with as much content as Dawgnation. We get live streams, Daily articles, breaking news, community events,. What will they think of next?

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    All the podcasts I listen too are free. Also, the new DN podcast always shows up in the apple player each day 
  • BJSBJS Posts: 17 admin

Thank you so much for the feedback. It's listeners/readers like you that allow BA and team to do what they do every day - to provide you the with best Georgia coverage (free or paid). Your feedback on sponsors is spot on - and we will be your voice to them and let them know that you appreciate their support and that you welcome special offers for DawgNation! Please continue to provide us feedback as we strive to do more for you.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If BA's ad reads annoys you then do yourself a favor and NEVER listen to the UGASports/Rivals podcast with one Nabulsi, Radi. YW lol. ;)

edited June 2019

And the problem with non-free podcasts, which some are trying to move into lately, is that it's hard for any one source to provide enough content to make a subscription worth it IMO. DND puts out more shows per week than most, but in the end it's what? 5 hours or so a week?

I like DND for what it is, but it's not something I'd pay for as currently constituted. I'm probably among the bigger podcast(in general) consumers on here, yet I pay for ONE podcast and it's a small amount, more in a "support these guys" manner.

But it still rather annoys me that I have to use a different podcast app to access the content I pay for. A trend in trying to monetize podcasts is partnering with specific apps so the creator can get paid. I'm all for that but when I have to have multiple podcast apps on my phone, not so much. And IDK about y'all but I hate having a bunch of tiny monthly charges popping up on my CC bill, which happens when you're having to subscribe to multiple ones.

I like my free podcasts that are reliable and I can put on while driving or whatever, and I have my once a week ones for when I'm really paying attention.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    @scooterdawg sounds like a trip to your pie is on the docket

Because I'm such a food junkie, Your Pie and Champy's are the only ones I might try sometime lol. But the used car dealers and garage door guys who are HUGE Dawg Fans need not apply.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

That Merryweather&Tharpe add he does killed it for me. I cant stand the commercials. They're too corny, so I had to stop listening. As much as I love the DAWGS. My disdain for the adds has run me off. Still love the Forums though.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

fake news and a much more serious approach to whats going on inside UGA. I'm on their pay site. The best forum there is for Bulldogs by far (imo).

Dude, I'm on record as are several others in recommending that podcast. But they are apples and oranges. DND is basically a radio show in podcast form and if ya look at it that way it's not bad.

And there's no objective way that anyone can think BA at his most sponsor asskissiest could compare to a 5 minute Radi ramble on how not just ANY garage door company can advert on their show or even(this happened) him explaining that the amazing deals from a used car dealer are dependent on one having good credit so don't just roll in there if yours is subpar lol.

Coach Donnan and to a lesser extent Jake make the show listenable.