Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone more knowledgeable than myself able to break down JRob's game? I keep hearing "underrated" and "#1 WR target" but I honestly didn't get a good feel for what he can do from his tape and I'm no WR expert so I'd love to hear some analysis.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @TheSmartWay I think we’re all waiting on camps and senior season film here.  @JeffSentell had a write up previously on a coach comparing him to the HS version of Calvin Johnson.  He’s been hurt and not able to do industry camps but heard he impressed staff during 7 v 7s recently.  Had a 1 handed contested catch that turned some heads.  Haven’t seen vid though.
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I rate our current roster as one of our weakest position groups. It will rely on unproven talent basically from the 2019 class. With that in mind I think Rosemy is a great get but would have hoped for better support from one of the top 10 receivers and had not given up on Jarrett. Only time will tell if the 2 projects pan out.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers and I said my piece yesterday on WRs. Happy about Rosemy...still not sure why Wren.

I would like to say that IMO you can still be a fan and NOT think this is the greatest WR class since sliced bread. Obviously I'm a broken record so I'm staying mum but when y'all ask what people think about the class, differing opinions are OK. I don't speak for @jusdowell but I'm personally not calling for anyone to be fired because of WR recruiting. Go Dawgs!

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

John Ross got drafted for his speed for sure: unfortunately outside of his speed he's nothing more than an average receiver. Al Davis would have loved John Ross.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    @Jay akhil was also 5’7

@BengalDawg John Ross was literally the fastest time in combine history and was by all accounts, a bust. 

I think it’s great to have a super fast receiver, but speed doesn’t mean a thing if you can’t run routes, even if you have size. DK metcalf ran a 4.33 and was 6’4 215 all muscle, still fell out of the first because he hasn’t shown he can run great routes. Speed matters, but there’s a whole lot more to being a good college receiver than being able to beat a corner on a go route. 
    @Jay

Its not really about best available here.  Every player you mentioned is a better football player than Wren but after Drob leaves this year, we have 1 more player at WR that runs a 4.4 in Bush who’s also still battling to get better.  Staff needed someone with that speed and Wren fits the bill.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I mean is this WR class mind blowing? No, but I’m happy with it. Imo there’s 0 question marks on this staffs recruiting. You can discuss CTS but we’re getting good DL talent it’s just not the 5 star variety and there’s not that many to go around. And CTS is an excellent technician when it comes to teaching. I don’t recall any player that we’ve signed where I went, WHY? Trust the staff 
  • mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @SoFL_Dawg is drob considered a senior or a redshirt junior?
    Junior, believe he’s declaring early and staff is prepping for it as well.
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1 is the #60 WR in this class who I think has not played WR very much. The other is a speedster who has limited receptions based on his tape and is unlikely to come down with a 50/50 ball. JMO and as I said time will tell. Also I can't lose sight of the fact that we are in a different league now nationally and to win it all takes a more rounded offense. Look at Alabama's WR room last year, that's the type of talent we need to have. In 2017 they had 4 of the top 12 WR in that one class.

• JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
This discussion has been closed.