Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the 3* on the roster

I think that the Jury is still out. Of the 20 positional players the best have probably been Kindley, Davis and Reed with to a lesser extent Marshall, Herrien, Simmons, Stokes and McGhee.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @Denmen185 I completely agree. I wanted him to be targeted more. Believed he couldve been a lot better than most WRs drafted before him. Sadly my division rival Bears got him. 🤦🏾‍♂️

He was one of the 15 3* recruited by Richt in 2015. Tae Crowder would be the next best amongst that group. None of these were recruited by the current staff but the hit rate of 2 of 15 is hardly a way to build a championship team. FYI the other notables in that class were Trent T, Godwin, Roquan, Ledbetter, Natrez, D'Andre Walker, J Harris and Stanley out of the 13, 4 and 5 stars. I think it's fair to say that the hit rate there is way better. There will always be exceptions but the better you recruit the more successful you are likely to be.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. Not only are they not well researched, graded, how many would ever be higher than a 3? If that is the case, then they will automatically pull down an average. And most teams will not have a kicker every year so cannot say it balances out for all. So exclude them from the average calculation.

• IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Question for @SoFL_Dawg and others, who is more likely to be in this class Cowan or Walker?
  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

They dont play the same spot as Cowan is a DT/DE Travon Walker role where Z Walk is a DE.

Cowan would be my pick although there are other factors at play here that effect both.

(Milton would help here, as it looks currently like a UGA / OSU battle)

FWIW I have Cowan in my class but not Walker as I think he is more of a DT even though he is slightly lower rank overall

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @Denmen185 deep passes isnt the typical UGA style. May change with Coley but historically intermediate routes, quick slants, and curls are primarily the go to for quick slot guys
  • dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Wilfong thinks ohio state lands Cowan if they push for him
  • umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean, that’s not the only thing I look for in a player. I know he’s a WR, but I’m very happy with our 19 receivers, and I like Rosemy and Robinson too.

I know this, they can teach this guy to catch a screen. I know he can take a handoff on a reverse, and I know he can return a punt.

This kid can absolutely fly and a home run threat like that is extremely valuable in college football. Fastest guy on the field at all times.

This discussion has been closed.