Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless my eyes deceive me, that has been the position group that has been Clemson's difference maker over their recent run. I know you have single players like T-Law, but still...their DL is monstrous and has been for a while. You don't beat Clemson unless you beat them. I want that.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Combo of factors. First 4 were strong chances and top 25 players then rest were based on rankings, position need and chance of getting. There are some others I would include such as Paris Johnson and Justin Rogers but feel that the chances of getting appear low (if you can't get what you want, want what you can get). Mainly just going down the top 100 list and listing those still in with.

• Options
    BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The number of scholarships will also be heavily dependent on this years results.

Players that could be drafted with strong year

Fromm

Swift

Herrien

I. Wilson

I Thomas

Big Ben

Solomon Kindley

DRob

T Simmons

M Herring

R LeCounte

JR Reed

Monty Rice

Tyler Clark

Devonta Wyatt

Tae Crowder

Of course all of these will not be but with say a national championship or playoff appearance UGA could have a school record draft class of say around 10 .

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Ringo
    2. Gilbert
    3. Washington
    4. Milton
    5. Burch
    6. Flowe
    7. Sewell
    8. SVP
    9. Bigsby/RB2
    10. A. Williams
    11. Burton
    12. Dexter
    13. Manuel
    14. C. Williams
    15. Thompson Jr
    16. Lindberg
    17. Walker
    18. Ojulari

@Denmen185

Id def have Milton and Burch ahead of Washington. Dexter needs to be higher, around 5. Swap Sewell and Flowe on the list. Id also remove Manuel and C Williams all together.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After watching Smith's highlight I think he actually compares really well to stokes. Both are a true 6'0 170 with 10.39 speed in the 100m. Smith is actually a 2x state champ sprinter already as a jr. Same length, speed, both project long term as DB's and similar high school comp.

Only thing that makes me respect the hype as far as playing WR is that he's Fl boy who if Coley wants on offense, he'll probably get him. Same with Tongue. We've hashed out Tongues potential, and not just on offense. Coley is doing his own recruiting as far as this roster management. I think he's gained a lot of faith from Kirby, think of what Kirby did to keep him here. He's pulling some strings. The good thing is if smith does stick at WR, staff is prob confident with what they have at CB on camps right now imo.

I know we commented in the pre-season last year, after the open practice, just how much speed we had vs older teams. Same mantra here, cannot coach legit 4.3 track speed whether it's on offense or defense.

• Options

Again 1-4 are strongest chance of getting and are in order of 247 ranking, 5-7 are also in ranking order and are doubtful but I had Sewell in bold as I think he is most likely of the three to get. SVP due to need for a 4th OL. Bigsby/RB2 added as a 2nd RB which is likely a top 50 but with White and Cook we would be fine 2020 with just Milton. 10-13 are all good options committed elsewhere with Williams being the best chance of flipping (only one in bold). 14-18 are available players I would take before A Smith but the order would depend on who else is committed closer to the time.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens and Blalock, who does he feature?

I really do like Smith at CB. If he does stick at WR I think that'll be a "win" for Coley. Stevenson is probably looking the part along with Divaad. Cine is probably making waves. Also feel good on Kimber, Ringo and #3. He already got his south Fl DB's, he wants some for his side of the ball 😏

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ugh, he doesn't actually think that. That video everyone saw was from 2016.

• Options

I understand, and sports don't matter, but misinformation is dangerous, and I think everyone should check stuff even if confirms their opinion (bias).

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Id love if the class ended as...

QB Beck

RB Milton, Tank/Lloyd

WR Rosemy, Robinson, Wren, Burton/Smith

TE Gilbert, Washington

OL Jones, Rateledge, Braun, SVP,

DT Carter, Burch, Brinson, Stack or Cowan/Walker)

DT/NG - Burroughs (or T. Smith)

ILB Sewell

HYBRID LB Sherman

DB Kimber, Ringo, A. Williams

ST Zirkel

Last spot BAP at OL -> DB -> DL

• Options
    edited July 2019

Lol, I like it!

Did they actually mention this on Dawg Nation Daily? Please tell me they didn't.

• Options

Forgot about Harris as he is not in the rankings due to reclass. Rather have Harris especially if he has to take summer classes to qualify and hence can be counted against 2021. He would then be an as well as rather than instead of. I still haven't given up on Johnson, Jarrett and Rogers in that order. The main point is there are a lot of "misses" needed before I take Smith.

• Options
    edited July 2019

BTW This is my first post on the Mock Thread that I made January.

Depending on how we finish I believe we need 5 WR, 3 TE, 1QB, 2 RB and 4 OL in 2020 (deduct any 2019 late signings if they have more than 1 year of eligibility left). Defense you have 10 for the front 5 whereas I would look for 1 or 2 OLB, 2 DT and 2 DE. We also need 2 ILB. I would only take 1 Safety and 1 Corner subject to 2019 and 2020 transfers (applies to other positions also). Best available would tempt me to tweak the numbers by 1 in some positions.

We added Pickens and Seither late to the 2019 class and I can't remember who else (help me here). That would make the class make-up 4 WR, 2 TE, 1 QB, 2 RB and 4 OL which seems that is where we are headed. I very much hope that we can add Burton/Jarrett, Gilbert and Washington, Milton and McClellan/Lloyd/Bigsby and SVP to complete the class. I do find myself thinking that Smith would be a great get for #2 WR not to finish a class which I rate sub-par at WR. It certainly isn't in the same league as Alabama 2017 class.

This discussion has been closed.