Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Summersgiving

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The Saturday after the Summer Solstice, gather your friends and family to celebrate Summersgiving! This day is designed to combine all the fun of summer with America’s favorite Thanksgiving food. It’s a celebration of life, rooted in gratitude, to be shared with the friends and food that make life fun."

I don't recall every hearing about this before, but it sounds like a great idea. I love eating "thanksgiving food", especially turkey with some great dressing. I'm posting this rather late so I guess one could eat something else special that you really like and still express gratitude for all we have or simply push it up until tomorrow.

Coincidentally, it's also National Onion Ring Day. Any special onion rings in your life? Where do you get your favorites?

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Seems too hot for thanksgiving food to me. But I’ll def throw down a turkey sandwich and some cranberry sauce though 
  • BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Vidalia’s and slice them up and place in ice cold water for half hour to a hour. Then dry off and dredge. Game changers!
  • DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm having homemade ice cream today. Seems perfect for Summergivings.

I hate onions in everything but I love onion rings. My sister in law makes them the best.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Love some o rings but getting good ones are very hit or miss. Had some  in KC for an appetizer, onion so big you got one ring per person. 
  • jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Missed out on this one. Oh well, I'll be having a nice Sunday dinner though. For reference, that's a size 12 shoe.  Missed out on the biggest catfish I've ever seen. 3 feet from shore and snap goes the line. Only had 90 minutes to fish today so wasn't a bad haul considering I wasted 30 mins untangling lines.
  • KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll bring the taters and hushpuppies. Let's eat!!

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Come on. Bout to start frying them up. All I need is an excuse to go catch more. Can't believe how fast they were biting yesterday. Never got a second line in the river.