Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anybody watchin the womens world cup?

benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm at a bar watching our game vs spain rn. Apparently we are the bama of womens soccer

Comments

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Haven’t watched a minute. I can barely tolerate soccer no matter who’s playing
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, the U.S. Women's team has dominated for a long time.

Welp, they just got scored on 1-1... Agree @Kasey, these games are tough to watch, even as a fan of soccer.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think my husband has watched every game. I glance at it every so often.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a soccer fan, but I am enjoying the world cup. At times, the game resembles a bit of a brawl. Lots of tripping, shoving, and a few take downs. Pretty cool.

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Daughter and I drove to Paris for the US / Chile game. Was cool. 
  • mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Currently enjoying the UEFA Under 21 Championships. All European teams, but a good glimpse of future world cup all stars. Not watching the women's teams though.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The women are at least good. The US men's team is pitiful.

I’d rather watch a “bad” men’s team than the women’s team. Pace of play and skill is a huge difference. Men are ranked 30th in the world, behind most of European and a good bit of South American countries, and that’s one of their worst rankings in awhile. Just need to look at the developmental leagues in Europe and South America to understand why the US is behind in men’s. 
  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Na bro, it’s been a hot minute since watching soccer. However, I do remember the hope solo jersey pull off when I was a kid
    @JRT812 that was Brandi Chastain in 1999 
  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watched a bit of the end of the France-Brasil women's game last night. Went late so i'll try to watch the ending tonight - was tied 1-1. Have no idea of how the time works or most of the penalties. I make up my own reasons why this or that was allowed/penalized.

THERE I said it! I WATCHED WOMEN's SOCCER. Neither proud, nor ashamed. Deal with it.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    My bad @Teddy bro... just remember a chick and thought it was Hope 
  • BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I like soccer and I love International soccer, but it’s very difficult for me to get behind this team. They beat a team 13-0 earlier in the tournament. That’s the equivalent of about 150-0 in football. I have absolutely no problem with them running up the score, but they celebrated every single one of the goals like they’d just won the World Cup. It was pretty disgusting. That, along with players kneeling for the anthem, the constant clamoring for equal play, and in your face feminism for the sake of feminism has completely turned me off. 
    @BoroDawg I thought them running the score up was pretty bad sportsmanship as well.