Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Paul Bunyan Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

By all accounts we should be recruiting this guy. He sawed of the legs of his parents bed when he was 8 months old. He created the Great Lakes so his ox, Babe, would have a watering hole. He also created the Grand Canyon when he and Babe were walking and he dragged his axe behind him. I am guessing he was an out of state recruit.

He might be the ultimate cog in the GWOG. Get on it, pitt boss!!

Comments

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I met him once in Maine.  Nice guy, didn’t say much.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The guy does get around, I saw him years ago in Bemidji, Minnesota.

If for some strange reason you've always wanted to step across the Mississippi then Bemidji's the place to go.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Huh, I've been to Bemidji a few times. Used to travel to Minnesota for work and sometimes that was the second leg of the trip. Atlanta > Minneapolis. Minneapolis > Bemidji or International Falls. Rent a car and drive for two hours.

Had an old director that went to Bemidji State who I converted into being a huge Georgia fan. I still see him at least once a year at a conference and we spend a good hour just catching up on football.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meaningless trivia: Paul Bunyon was voiced for Disney by Thurl Ravenscroft who also sang, "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch" and was most famous for Tony the Tiger, "They're great!!"