Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NBA free agency start tonight at 6

IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
With kemba walker going to celtics and kyrie going to the nets, what are halls predictions for other big name free agents?

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    Kawhi to lakers
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

My guess is Kawhi will either re-sign with Toronto or sign with The Clippers.

Kasey. Obviously The Lakers are pursuing Kawhi but if they sign him to a max contract they'll have to fill out their roster with scrubs.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    What about KD, staying with Warriors and does Atl have any moves up their sleeve ?
  • nickcreighton5nickcreighton5 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior
    KD to the Nets with Kyrie and Deandre Jordan
  • IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Redick to pelicans
    Dolan needs to sell the Knicks
  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    with Dedmon going to Kings, i almost wonder if Hawks might can sign Cousins late. he wanted to go to Kings, but was told no.

Cousins' Achilles injury is concerning.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hawks $ is tied up in several B and C list players.  We drop st least three of these next year and have money to spend. However, next year’s FA list is not as strong as this year. 
  • IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    We will have enough for 2 max contracts. I’m on board for Drummond and derozan in next years free aganec
    edited July 2019

greshamdisco. I'm not sure there's ever been a free agent class like this year's. As far as The Hawks and max deals, look where they go in most cases, L.A., NYC, Boston. Unless The Hawks become a destination team, we're not going to attract anybody from the A list. I don't think Drummond is a good fit, DeRozan might be, but chances are he'll look elsewhere.

A couple of guys with player options and seem like good fits, Gordon Hayward and Otto Porter. Both were either under used or poorly used this past season.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yeah, Hawks looking to be FA players in probably 1-2 yrs. One thing I do like about Brooklyn adding big last night, though. It increases the chances of their 1st rounder getting to the Hawks for 2020.  It is lottery protected. Although KD will be out going through rehab Brooklyn adding Kyrie, Jordan, etc should get them into the lower levels of the playoffs and out of the lottery.
  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I have some crow to eat regarding KD to Brooklyn @Kasey and @DGDinNYC

JayZ is Big Pimpn. 
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If they get too good, it will be a very low pick (far down the list) , right?

edited July 2019

PTDawg. I agree with donm. The down side is Brooklyn's pick will likely be low 1st rd now. I'd have rather rolled the dice on landing a top 15 slot.

Sorry, I forgot about Durant's injury, I doubt he'll be much of a factor next season. I don't think Irving will move the needle that much.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I forgot about Durant as well. Maybe we'll get a decent pick.