Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Signing off

swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gonna sign off until the season starts then Ill be back.

Contrary to what some of you may believe I

1. Dont have any love for Fields. Yes I loved the skill set but he is gone now. Lets get the next DT and win it all with him.
  2. Dont hate Jake Fromm. I just truly believe he is wildly overrated. Im tired of watching every other team in the SEC win it all while we have been waiting FOREVER. I hope Kirby and yes Fromm change that. If he does Ill be here to eat my words with a big grin on my face.
  3. I am as big a UGA fan as anyone and ill take the Pepsi challenge on that. Its why I think I demand so much more from Fromm and everyone really. There is no reason why we shouldn't be Alabama. NONE. NO MORE EXCUSES!
  4. I really want UGA to win again but partly for my Dad. He is the reason I am a UGA fan. The kind of old man who yells at the TV. Well, his health isn't great and I know nothing would make pops happier than for the dogs to take the Natty again. The last two years have been torture (Tua's pass in '17 made me physically ill. It was all I could do to keep from vomiting) Especially knowing how close we came to making my father very very happy.

I didn't come here to start some anti Fromm crusade. I didn't come here to make enemies. I came here to share my opinion and maybe learn a thing or two. Mission accomplished.

We all want the same thing. I think we just strongly disagree on how to get there.

GO DAWGS! and see ya in late August.

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

This thread has been reopened due the fact the OP clearly was not truthful in his statement. It's open to discussion as to the original post.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably appropriate then to link the poll that precipitated the exit event. The one that gave us a 98.8% confidence level that Dawg fans prefer a national championship over any particular choice of QB.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/13688/preferred-qb1-vs-winning-a-naty-in-2019#latest

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Must have missed something, or he could be one of those I have blocked.

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Probably appropriate then to link the poll that precipitated the exit event

Had absolutely nothing to do with it.

• deplorabledawgdeplorabledawg Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SAAAY WHAAAAAAAT ?

Let's examine the evidence!

Point one - time stamped poll question in honor of yours truly demanding validation that "Fromm Fanboys" are cultish in their devotion and constitute a "vast majority" of Dawg fans. To the point of preferring Fromm as QB1 over a national championship.

Point two - Results of poll show a 98.8% of actual Georgia fans disagree with your assertion and quite frankly, I'm a little shocked it wasn't a clean sweep.

Point three - your goodbye. Please notice the corresponding time stamp.

Should we send this to the jury or would you like to change your plea?

Should we send this to the jury or would you like to change your plea?

Feel free to do so. The poll had absolutely nothing to do with me leaving.

But knock yourself out. Hell start a new post with this as the poll question. Whatever floats your boat dude.

• PanicSpringTour02PanicSpringTour02 Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    I’ve never heard of the OP.  Is this thread a good thing or bad?

Oh no, the platform is yours. You chose to comment on it, please explain your rationale for leaving.

As you've mentioned multiple times, you know more and are a much bigger fan than anyone else so we'd all benefit from the wisdom of the original "superfan".

please explain your rationale for leaving.

Basically tiring of the whole process. As I said in the original post I came here to talk Georgia Football. Just like everybody else.

When I made posts about Fromm being overrated (He is) you would think I shot their dog. Im just giving my honest opinion. Spoiler alert I am right. Another spoiler alert I am hardly the only one who thinks Fromm is overrated.

But the Fromm fanboys are not having it. In all my years following Georgia football I have never seen a personality cult evolve around a player the way it has Fromm. The Fields situation and his clutch play in 2017 have a lot to do with it too. I was too young for the Herschel stuff and anyway he was so physically talented you can get it with Herschel. Its just unbelievable though.

You see it over and over and over.

He "led" the team to a Rose Bowl win his Freshman year!. No he didn't. He handed off most of the time.

We lost because Chaney got too Conservative! No we didn't. That is an absolute lie. Yet its repeated over and over. Why? To protect Fromm at all costs.

They just need to turn Fromm loose this year!!!! Be careful what you wish for. Here again simply pointing out that Fromm has never won when passing 30 times is mocked. Pointing out he has never won a game where the running game was absent is dismissed. Why? To protect Fromm at all costs.

There are a million of these. Any negative comment about Fromm was met with instant derision. Why? Because Fromm must be protected from criticism at all costs. I could go on and on. Just ask a "moderator " around here.

We continue to let you talk drivel here "poster".....

Thanks

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Don't sign off man!!! Nothing wrong your opinion of Fromm although I disagree. As u know people disagree on here ALL THE TIME. The 1 thing we all have in common though is we want the Dawgs to be successful.