Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Attention New Members:

bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited September 2017 in General

Welcome to the DawgNation Forum!
As a rule we usually only "down vote" people if they are being out of hand, jerks, WAY off point etc... we all have different opinions and many of them are great.
People don't really like to be voted down for regular type posts.

I hope y'all enjoy and stay for a while!

Comments

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I gave you guy a DV so you can share it with n00bs

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Why does everybody feel the need to be a pseudo moderator? It's a college football message board. Everybody R-E-L-A-X. Let's all just savor our recent victory.

I was going to DV you, but you saved yourself with that last line

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2017

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Why does everybody feel the need to be a pseudo moderator? It's a college football message board. Everybody R-E-L-A-X. Let's all just savor our recent victory.

Wasn't meaning to come off that way. Two new guys came on this evening and started down voting a lot and was just trying to be nice so that they don't rub people the wrong way.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

I didn't get the wannabe mod vibe at all. There's a difference between discussing mores and running around trying to discipline people with your posts and down votes.

Making regular use of the down vote button makes you look goofy. I don't see any harm in occasionally explaining that to people who haven't picked up on the flow of the place yet.

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have to know what is the big deal with getting a down vote or a vote up?

• HotDawgsAndMustardHotDawgsAndMustard Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe they are from the pre-reddit generation. What would that be? Generation Dial-up? Lol I'm kidding.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pigeons That's really dumb to downvote things because you disagree with them. People have opinions. Expressing blanket disapproval just because someone disagrees with you is really dumb.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess this down voting thing is serious.

I respect up voters as well as down voters.

@BigDawgEatin said:

you have talent. lol.
    Loved the video from the movie "UP".

@bmauldin said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

you have talent. lol.
    Loved the video from the movie "UP".

Much appreciation good sir.

• Dawg14Dawg14 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Confession: I am a new poster and I have down voted people.

Signed,

A new poster

In all seriousness, it was only because they posted something that the facts showed to be untrue. Not because I disagreed with them. Which I still think is worthy of down votes

• czaxsbakczaxsbak Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

......who cares?.......go out side ..... enjoy the day

• dawgy1dawgy1 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

It always amazes me that people who have nothing better to do with their life than to post 500 times in 2 months on a sports forum somehow thinks that makes them more important or knowledgeable.
    It just a **** forum where everyone from the dumbasses to the really informed should be welcome. I really enjoy the stupidity, even my own.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:
    I just usually up vote posts I agree with and down vote posts I disagree with.

I didn't realize people were so sensitive to down votes. It doesn't mean "I hate you, you are dumb." it just means I disagree.

I agree with you @Pigeons BUT if 5 people disagree with you, even if 20 agree, then 5 DV automatically buries the post. If you want to read it you have to click on it. FWIW ( and nobody probably cares) but I only DV for borderline Flag worthy comments/attacks on others

@dawgy1 said:
    It always amazes me that people who have nothing better to do with their life than to post 500 times in 2 months on a sports forum somehow thinks that makes them more important or knowledgeable.
    It just a **** forum where everyone from the dumbasses to the really informed should be welcome. I really enjoy the stupidity, even my own.

lol...

@dawgy1 said:

Welcome :D

^^^^ BTW As a retired person with a love of the Dawgs I don't anything more other than this except the Podcast etc. That doesn't make me more knowledgeable but beats the hell out of weeding etc in 90 degree heat/humidity